Home Depot Refrigerator Delivery

I got a semi-fancy SAMSUNG gas stove from Lowe's. They used straps and ended up breaking a gas knob on the front. Forgot rule #3 Straps shall not be routed near over gas knobs.
I replaced an old drop in unit with a standard unit. The same basic unit configured as a drop in was 2x the price(!) and smaller.
With the new slide in, the back sticks up above counter island - Wife says that doesn't bother her 😲;)

the Sale Price was less than I paid for a similar unit in the Mid-Nineties, so no sticker shock for a savvy shopper!

samsung gas rannge.jpg

I've had three different appliance deliveries in the past few years.

Lowe's: Washing Machine, purchased online, delivery went without a hitch. Came in a truck with the Lowe's logo on it, but the calls were from an outside transportation company. Regardless, delivery was smooth, the delivery folks were friendly and efficient, and I'd do it again...

Best Buy: Dryer, purchased online, and again, delivery went without a hitch. Came in a Penske truck, delivery folks had Best Buy shirts. Coordination was all via text and email, no issues. Would do again.

All Inc (Local Appliance store): Dishwasher, purchased in store. Delivery in a branded truck by a company employee (1). Very professional, personable, and would do again.

I only had one issue with Lowe's and it was several years ago. They kept notifying me they were on their way and 8 hrs later they told me they couldn't make it that day...maybe tomorrow...

I could have choked them.

If you’re looking for the Maytag version of the bow tie repair guy when it comes to delivery, installation or repair of current appliances I’ve got some heartbreaking news for you. You’re a victim of 1950’s marketing.

Or you lived in the 50s....
Many here did 😊
Yes, well said. We are a dying marketing dynamic literally. Why should manufacturers adapt to a segment of the population that will ultimately self destruct? Well said. Why provide more to a body of consumers that have been groomed to expect less.

Yes, well said. We are a dying marketing dynamic literally. Why should manufacturers adapt to a segment of the population that will ultimately self destruct? Well said.
Funny in the long ago days living in the middle of nowhere we had zero options for delivery of anything. Even today where I live only a few places deliver and most quit during cv19 fisco...
Agreed them days are about gone.

I've had three different appliance deliveries in the past few years.

Lowe's: Washing Machine, purchased online, delivery went without a hitch. Came in a truck with the Lowe's logo on it, but the calls were from an outside transportation company. Regardless, delivery was smooth, the delivery folks were friendly and efficient, and I'd do it again...

Best Buy: Dryer, purchased online, and again, delivery went without a hitch. Came in a Penske truck, delivery folks had Best Buy shirts. Coordination was all via text and email, no issues. Would do again.

All Inc (Local Appliance store): Dishwasher, purchased in store. Delivery in a branded truck by a company employee (1). Very professional, personable, and would do again.
Did any of those include hookup or just delivery?

Gas or electric dryer?

Washing Machine included hook up and disposal of the old unit. No issues (Lowes).

Dryer was gas. Best Buy would not connect, so it was a DIY for me. They hauled the old one away.

Dishwasher was also a self install - the local company I bought from does not do installs and sends all that work to other contractors. Their bread and butter is working with contractors. They also hauled the old unit away...

They haul the old unit away, right?
Depends on who they are, most include it. I had to pay a haul away fee on one purchase - it think it was only 25 bucks. My Town's "white goods" yard ended up closed due to tightening regs, they use to pay YOU for the item as it had scrap value. I think they gave 15 bucks for a domestic Fridge.
Now somewhere in Cali where you reside, who knows with all the rules and regs. Ask your Salesperson and make sure 'remove and dispose used appliance' is on the sales contract.

You buying something soon? I could use a new top freezer ridge, the mice have been eating the compressor and the condenser fan wires inside. Had sparks flying from the back the other day - taped it up for now.

- Ken

Last edited:
Washing Machine included hook up and disposal of the old unit. No issues (Lowes).

I think they fluctuate on taking the old unit, or save it for special sales.
Lowes wouldn't take mine w/o a fee. They did, however, hook it up, provided I bought new braided hoses.
However, they did load the old washer in my truck, and I took it down and sold it for scrap.

Haha you made me think back to when my dad’s business ultimately failed and we had to move out of his rented office (I was in HS).

The dentist / landlord told him best of luck and be sure not to scratch up my walls. I wanted to curse him out.

Then, some woman walked up to my dad cuz he was in an undershirt and looked like a trucker. When I told my mom she got mad (too proud her husband couldn’t be a trucker lol). So many fun reflections when we get older. 🙂

our electric dryer got shot several days ago; Samsung unit that served us for 9 years. I was not at home, my wife said she heard a kaboom and burning smell inside the unit. I went to THD to look for another similar unit. We settled on Whirpool Dryer. They advertise free delivery but they charge for a new power cord, water lines, air duct line, plus hauling away our old unit was $50; Heck, I went online that same night and sold it for free on FB Marketplace within 24hrs ending not paying $50, lots of people wanted the old unit though.
Also the salesperson gave us $50 off as courtesy from his employee empowered program

We ended paying $950 for the new unit

IMG_2297.jpeg

We bought a new stove and refrigerator last year. Home Depot was supposed to call and email 24 hours before delivery but they never did. I called and they didn't seem to know anything. I was like great. But they showed up on the day we scheduled and while they didn't install because we didn't want it they did unbox and take the cardboard.

Back