Hello......from Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOOAH!!

After 2 1/2 months of training, I finally made it to my final destination...Tikrit.
I'm staying in a building that looks like swiss cheese after being shot up by our guys during the war.
Will let you know more soon, and maybe pics (if allowed.)

c-ya later!

patriot.gif

Great to hear from you! We're praying for all you guys. Unlike much of the the media who is preying on you guys (and gals).

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!
patriot.gif
patriot.gif

Tikrit isn't that where they refine all the oil.If you can get some rare photos of a active refinery. Stay safe
smile.gif

Hey guys,

Did my first convoy 2 days ago. I was a SAW (M249) gunner in one of the gun trucks. Let me tell you, Iraq is something different. The place is dirty as **** and trash is everywhere on the side of the road. IEDs are everywhere around here. Burn marks and IED craters everywhere. Baji is one scary town. We've already found IEDs and land mines.
Sorry I can't get into details.....you know how it is!

I'll try to get you some pics as soon as I can.

Later

My daughter will be back over there to pull another year tour soon. I was in Bagdad in Dec 2003 Jan 2004 and was all over town looking around. Now I can sit back and think about how silly it was to be doing such a thing. What I remember the most is rockets landing in tent city, the road side bombs and the knee deep mud I had to wade through to get to work.

I was there during the same time my daughter was and I tried my best to locate her, but my turdball first sergeant never attempted to help me locate her. I was in the Air Force and her in the Army. In the end I found out that I was about a 30 minute helo ride away from her. It sure would have been fun to walk up to her out of the blue and say something like "hey girl what do you think you're doing".

Take care of yourself and try to make the trip as fun as you can. All them people ain't bad, it's only the bad ones that we here about on the news.

This WAY better than the TV news and it's just words. TV sucks - all that power at their hands and they waste it. We don't don't know what we have!

Anyhow - stay clean! G*d bless!

Last_Z, we want you back home safe and soon. Emphasis on safe. If there is anyway we can help let us know. If you need something sent from the States that's legal, we'll get it.

During "Desert Storm" we sent stuff and my boss didn't like it. He has the concept that Uncle Sam gives you everything you need.
grin.gif

I know how personal items can be much appreciated and hard to get. I can't imagine you have a full BX or Wally world.

[ September 26, 2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: haley10 ]

Stay safe and be careful when you guys are on a convoy. If you need a care package sent to you let me know.
cheers.gif

I just sent my brother one and he is at Balad Air Base with his AeroMed Evacuation Squadron.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back