Heating issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intermittent heat usually means bubbles in the system, thermostat sticking open, or a problem with the dash controls.

Every time you go out to the car for the first trip, when it is completely cold, open the radiator and confirm it is staying full to the top. This is by far the most common reason for intermittent heat.

To check and flush the core you would disconnect both heater hoses from the engine and try to send water through the core from a garden hose. Remove the hose nozzle, open the faucet fully, and hold the end of the hose against the end of one of the heater hoses. Do this in both directions. You should be able to send the full flow of the hose through it with very little back pressure. A car's water pump is not designed or intended to make a lot of pressure to push the coolant through restricted passages.

Last edited:
Yup, bubbles in the cooling system. Raise the front of the car and get a good funnel, on a cold engine take the radiator cap off and start the engine and let it warm up for 10-15 minutes and squeeze the radiator hoses and keep topping it off.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yup, bubbles in the cooling system. Raise the front of the car and get a good funnel, on a cold engine take the radiator cap off and start the engine and let it warm up for 10-15 minutes and squeeze the radiator hoses and keep topping it off.

the system was burped, heat was steady today and yesterday but non on saturday which was much colder.. head gasket was tested with no gasses and its less than a yr old.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998

the system was burped, heat was steady today and yesterday but non on saturday which was much colder.. head gasket was tested with no gasses and its less than a yr old.
When was it burped?

When was it burped?

10 days ago, everything is new except core. Cold Coolant was at top this am when I checked..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Bet some air worked its way out.

hope so. I took the cap off a few times last week

you you like to afe 0w30?
Oil is oil, I got it on clearance, which means it’s the perfect oil for my engine!

cool.gif
smile.gif

you you like to afe 0w30?
Oil is oil, I got it on clearance, which means it’s the perfect oil for my engine!

where on clearance and what price?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back