Hats off to Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I like how they purposely slow down older phones so you have to buy a new one...then get caught and pretend to be good corp citizens.

They made it clear why the older phones are performance throttled -- to make the battery last a somewhat reasonable amount of time after it has aged.

And this isn't an issue where one could say that Android phones are innocent -- because many Android phones no longer come with a removable battery. What says that Google doesn't some day put in similar code?

This. This Apple OS has a watch built in for battery "health". As the battery lifecycle degrades, they limit the hardware performance to extend the lifecycle. Having owned both Apple and Samsungs in the past, I personally like that Apple does this- especially now with the non-removable batteries in most phones. If this were 3-4 years ago, I would take the removable/replaceable battery design any day over the degraded performance of my iPhone.

What they were doing with the updates to slow things down would have been OK... If they told people or gave them an option. I guess they think their users wouldn't understand so they made the decision for them? Not sure why people are defending this. They got caught slowing phones down and came up with an excuse for it. How hard was it to say "you can either have full speed or better battery?"

I've had plenty of apple products in the past, both Mac and Ipod/Iphone. But this is just dumb. People have said for ages that they thought older phones get slower when new models are released, turns out its true. How would people know they needed a new battery if the phone just slowed down to provide battery life? You know what happens when my laptop battery loses capacity and life? It either doesn't work or the laptop says "hey your battery has degraded, time for a new one".

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Apple is done. Make apple Pie.

Also the Worst counter intuitive software I've ever seen

Don't blame Apple because you're bad at using new tech. lol

I like how they purposely slow down older phones so you have to buy a new one...then get caught and pretend to be good corp citizens.

They made it clear why the older phones are performance throttled -- to make the battery last a somewhat reasonable amount of time after it has aged.

And this isn't an issue where one could say that Android phones are innocent -- because many Android phones no longer come with a removable battery. What says that Google doesn't some day put in similar code?

What about all the people who have already put in a new battery at their own expense? Did they need their phone slowed down for their own good?
Don't believe the [censored] from APPL. They did this in secret until they got caught

Last edited:

What kind of logic is that? One company put it in a get caught, while the others "what says it doesn't someday put in similar code"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back