Has anyone used an online site to create a will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point, my troubles are over, along with any ability I had to control the will or anything else. I work in deathcare, and I have seen the fangs come out at the time of a passing. People will squabble over the dumbest stuff. I did have an interesting one several years ago: a man died, 2 of his daughters came in to make arrangements. While they were at the funeral home, the other daughters rented a u-haul and cleaned out dad's house. You can bet there was some tension at the visitation and interment.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Probate can get very messy. In some states probate is necessary, here in Florida it’s not a state requirement when a person dies. Some families will fight tooth and nail over certain belongings of elderly parents.

I have heard that in Texas, you can almost guarantee some time in Probate if you don't have a proper legal will filed.

I forgot to mention...

Joint Tenant and Joint Tenant with Rights of Survivorship (JTWROS) is extremely important and another way to avoid headaches in the future.

Definitely I would see a lawyer in your state for best advice.

I create some one on LawDepot.com yesterday for my grandma, she doesn't have one and just needs a basic one. If you want I can email a PDF of it (with her name and address excluded) so you can see what it looks like. I had to deactivate my free trial and then cancelled it afterwards.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I create some one on LawDepot.com yesterday for my grandma, she doesn't have one and just needs a basic one. If you want I can email a PDF of it (with her name and address excluded) so you can see what it looks like. I had to deactivate my free trial and then cancelled it afterwards.

Thanks Nick1994. I would appreciate that.

Our estate is not complicated. Since we've retired we have downsized and simplified our lifestyle. As long as the executor of our estate (the oldest son) can liquidate our personal property, mainly our home and vehicles (everything else they are co-beneficiaries, and will have access to our belongings to divide) without going through probate, that's really all I care about. It seems that this desire is addressed when declaring an executor and assigning those rights to him/her. I understand that it would be ideal to have a lawyer draw it up but the cost for two wills is prohibitive. Just curious, would a lawyer take the info I would provide (same as I would enter into an online will creator) and plug it into an online will creator?

When my parents passed within a month and a half of each other in 2015, as executor, I was able to use my dad's will (since he survived my mom) which declared me as his executor, and his death certificate, to sell and transfer title to his vehicle. Me and my siblings were all ready on their bank accounts which made that part easy. Their home was in a trust to us as well. It was extremely easy to handle everything. Short of a trust right now, our situation would pretty much mirror my parents. So as long as my son can sell our home, assuming we are still living in one, and our vehicles and split the proceeds equally with his brother, as clarified in the will, I would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back