Has anyone noticed that lighter weight oils are taking 5w40 and 0w40 shelf space?

It's amazing.
IMG_1989.jpeg

I fail to see how in the era of order online/delivered to your house in a day or so this is an issue.
I always order things online for me, the wife and even if the grandkids request something. Find it so very easy. Plus latley all of my orders been arriving super fast. Most even before the estimated shipping/delivery dates. Even my last order from HPL came 2-3 days early.

Those manufacturers "recommend" a 20-grade with an approval. Do those stores carry an oil with the corresponding approval?
Yes....

Advance Auto Parts carries VW508 in Mobil1 ESP on the shelf here. They also carry Castrol Edge EP which has MB 229.71.
Auto Zone is a little more hit and miss. I've even seen Castrol Edge with BMW 0w20 approval at Walmart recently.

Yes....

Advance Auto Parts carries VW508 in Mobil1 ESP on the shelf here. They also carry Castrol Edge EP which has MB 229.71.
Auto Zone is a little more hit and miss. I've even seen Castrol Edge with BMW 0w20 approval at Walmart recently.
Yes, wish the M1 ESP 0W30 was more widely available in the 5qt containers. Need that MB 229.52/71 designation for the 2021 Mercedes GLC300 4MATIC. Best deal I have found is at AutoZone with the included STP filter for under $40 total.

Nope.

Sell thousands of gallons of 15w40 and 5w40 a week, hardly any 20 or 30 weight stuff.
It bugs me when members don't say where they sell 15w40 and 5w40.

Also bugs me to read a thread on a Northeasterly Blizzard and a reply comes saying it's 78 degrees where he lives. But he never mentions where he lives, or shows his location below his sign-in name.

Someone pass me the Raid Spray please.

Along with the folks who hang out in the oil aisle and "offer" their recommendations on what to use 🤪
I have to admit I don’t hang out at oil aisle unless I am experimenting or researching something but a very few random times I was at the Wally oil runway, I had to control myself from giving unsolicited advices. The same applies with gun counter. I am not ashamed of it one bit but not comfortable with the guilt derived from ‘with great knowledges comes great responsibilities’ folklore either.

Back