Happy Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday I wished a coworker in TX happy birthday, cinqo de cuatro. Then I thought, wait a sec, that came out wrong, it's backwards, cuatro de mayo

p.s. a bbq sounds good!

Yesterday I wished a coworker in TX happy birthday, cinqo de cuatro. Then I thought, wait a sec, that came out wrong, it's backwards, cuatro de mayo

p.s. a bbq sounds good!

Yup! They had KARENS and KENS back then. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is more an American celebration than Mexican. It was back in 1862 when the Mexicans defeated the French at the battle of Puebla. Now the Germans make VWs there. It is complicated but yes (not trying to edge political) it was between liberals and conservatives. Don't think it is a big deal in France. Do they even like tequila?

1683318371706.jpeg

courtesy SnowBrains

We had fajitas at a Mexican restaurant for Cinco De Mayo and we also stopped for tacos on the way there. We were the only ones in the restaurant without alcohol at our table. We decided not to drink cause we hit three road checks on the way there and the same three going back. There were some people there that were very drunk it made me uncomfortable as some of them seemed rather aggressive. I was going to get a Modelo or Corona or a margarita but we decided it would just be better to wait. I think I’ll drink today instead.

I wanted Chinese but the tacos and fajitas were pretty good so I’m going to make sure we get the Chinese today lol.

We had fajitas at a Mexican restaurant for Cinco De Mayo and we also stopped for tacos on the way there. We were the only ones in the restaurant without alcohol at our table. We decided not to drink cause we hit three road checks on the way there and the same three going back. There were some people there that were very drunk it made me uncomfortable as some of them seemed rather aggressive. I was going to get a Modelo or Corona or a margarita but we decided it would just be better to wait. I think I’ll drink today instead.

I wanted Chinese but the tacos and fajitas were pretty good so I’m going to make sure we get the Chinese today lol.
You need to marry a Chinese woman..

This is more an American celebration than Mexican. It was back in 1862 when the Mexicans defeated the French at the battle of Puebla. Now the Germans make VWs there. It is complicated but yes (not trying to edge political) it was between liberals and conservatives. Don't think it is a big deal in France. Do they even like tequila?

View attachment 154386

courtesy SnowBrains
True. Wife is from Mexico. She told me it isn't really even celebrated. The Americans make a bigger deal about it.

Back