Happy Birthday Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

That's a beautiful car!

Threw a coat of Mother's carnauba on it yesterday and some tire shine.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by dwcopple

That's a beautiful car!

Man that car absolutely shines! What do you use on the vert top and tires?

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Happy birthday to the original Pony car, Without it.....GM may not have developed the F-Body?

or the E-body (Challenger/'Cuda) Mopar-flavored cars, either!

Back in the 80s, I had a 1969 Mach 1 with a 1970 351C 4V and 4 speed; great car. I thought this exchange between Leo Beebe and Ken Miles was funny (Ford vs. Ferrari); not sure if it actually happened, but funny nonetheless.

MILES
Who are you?

BEEBE
Leo Beebe. Senior Executive Vice President Ford Motor Company, special responsibility for the Mustang launch.

MILES
I see. Well at least now we know who's responsible. Don't get me wrong Lenny-

BEEBE
It's Leo.

MILES
Don't get me wrong Leo. Looks fantastic. But inside it's a lump of lard dressed up to fool the public. My advice is lose the Inline 6 and that idiotic 3 speed transmission, shorten wheelbase. Somehow lose half a ton. Oh and lower the price. But even then I'd still choose a Chevy Chevelle. And that's a terrible car.

Originally Posted by dwcopple

That's a beautiful car!

Man that car absolutely shines! What do you use on the vert top and tires?

The top is new, but I will use 303. The tires are covered in Mothers SHINE aerosol

I have three or four tire shine or tire black products.
One is as glossy as your photos, 2 of them are not quite the wet look glossy and the last is a black matte type of finish. That one has become my favorite as I've used for an interior surface wipe and on the tires, leaves them looking more like your soft top. Nice and black / clean but not shiny.
Just my personal pref.

in 2007 I went out and bought a new Mustang GT, it was black with a 5 speed manual. I loved that car....then I decided to open a business where I needed a truck and not the Mustang payment, sold it with 60k miles.

Fast forward to August of 2019 and I was in the market for a new to me car and I was looking at a Focus/Corolla/boring anything that was decently reliable to do a 60 mile round trip 5 days a week. I kept on seeing Mustangs and thought maybe...but the gas mileage wasn't in the 30's so it wasn't really as economic as it should be. Then I found a 2007 GT on Facebook that needed a little bit of love and the price was JUST RIGHT! Even better it only had 52k miles and a super clean Carfax. Test drove it and the brakes were awful and it had a mildew smell, both things I can fix so I made a lowball offer and drove it home, the guy co owned the car with his dad after they got it from a relative in her will and they liked the look of all the cash in my hand.

I spent a few weekends putting on new pads, rotors, flushing brake lines, dropping the trans pan 2 times, changing out those gosh #$^% spark plugs, and getting everything else just right. Yeah it still has a small water leak somewhere that I will fix someday. Now I have a super duper fun car to drive everyday. I love the look of the S197s, I love the sound the stock exhaust makes, it is a little squirrely in the turns but it drives great on the highway. It only gets around 25 mpg on my drive but I don't care. I watch youtube videos of fast Mustangs, I watch guys restoring old Mustangs, they all make me smile. Thank You Ford for an awesome piece of American history. When this one gives out on me, I will start looking for another S197 with low miles and start over again.

My son had an '05 V-6 in silver, nice looking car.
Now that you mention it, I looked up the EPA rating for that and it's not very impressive at all for what V-6 motors can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back