Can't decide what I hate more, the Mustang II or the new SUV crossover Mustang

I don't usually follow the latest car models all that closely anymore, so I had now idea what this newer ***** white Ford SUV crossover thing I passed a few times this week on the way to work. This morning I caught a glimps of it from the front and back and realized it was Mustang!! What the heck is this awful thing? Apparently it's the Mach-e? Yuck. I can't decide if I hate it more or less than the Pinto-esque Mustang II or not. Pictures don't do justice to just how wrong and disproportionate the Mach-e looks in person.

View attachment 144366

View attachment 144367
Yeah I caught the Mach e in camo testing in Denver back in 2019. I didn't know what it was but surmised that it was an electric vehicle of some sort. They even went through the trouble of making a faux vertical window to hide the sloped rear end. Unfortunately no magazine would take my pics as Ford will cut you off from future events if you publish them.

If they can place names like Jaguar and Aston-Martin on "what's selling" (aka SUVs), why wouldn't anyone else do it too?

When I first saw the name Mustang on those rinky-dink Pinto cars back then, I was floored.
I never knew they made Shelby Cobra Pinto 'Stangs.

Man, they care so little about "oomph continuity".
Even Coca-Cola named their first diet coke "Tab" because they knew it tasted like garbage.

I owned the 1978 Cobra version of the mustang II with the 302 v8 and T-tops. Quite possibly the lowest horse power v8 ever produced!

79-my mustang cobra-rear 3.jpg

83-77 mustang cobra-II-front driveway.jpg

I owned the 1978 Cobra version of the mustang II with the 302 v8 and T-tops. Quite possibly the lowest horse power v8 ever produced!
I had a 74 M2 Mach 1. It had the Capri V6 in it with a 4 speed stick. It would go 105 top end when a lot of cars struggled to hit 110.

My

Good one!
Think about it, the last time there was a new Galaxie in the US was 1974. That is long enough where people in my generation, born in 1983, aren't used to seeing them. Also boomers, no offense to boomers, who remember Galaxies from their childhood would be more drawn to it out of nostalgia. Plus it would be cool seeing the hi-po Galax-E 500 rolling around.

Pretty sure the same era GM 305 had less than 140hp lol.
*My bad looks to have produced 145hp*

The slowest V8 powered car I ever drove was a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix with the much forgotten about 301.

That poor dog felt like it was literally tied to a stump every time you floored it.

Back on topic, it's subjective but I think the Mach E is ugly as sin.

Last edited:
Agreed, I like the Mach E.

So you're not a fan of the Pinto? 🤣
I like my MUSTANG Mach E. I never liked the Pinto with a Mustang symbol on it. Those three tail lights are a much the trademark of a Mustang as anything else. When Ford took those out of the design, they stopped making Mustangs. When they returned the three tail lights, they started making Mustangs again.

Think about it, the last time there was a new Galaxie in the US was 1974. That is long enough where people in my generation, born in 1983, aren't used to seeing them. Also boomers, no offense to boomers, who remember Galaxies from their childhood would be more drawn to it out of nostalgia. Plus it would be cool seeing the hi-po Galax-E 500 rolling around.
The legendary 63 1/2 Galaxie 500. The best one ever made. If you could afford to feed it...
hqdefault.jpg

Back