Rumor: Mid-Engine Mustang to be Revealed Soon

Got a friend at Fomoco R&D. He snuck me a pix of the engine. Said it is an innovative hybrid. Engine can be easily converted to multi generator turbines for more performance. Runs on sunflower seeds.

We'll see tomorrow.

1692203602626.jpg

hamsters 101

Who knows?
For how many decades were we teased with mid engine Corvettes before one finally came to fruition?
My personal opinion is that Ford has far more important things to spend money on at the moment.

Dear Ford, repeat after me: The Mustang is not a Corvette. The Mustang is not a Corvette. The Mustang is not...
you sound just like my brother...he's owned many (still refuses to call the Mach-E a Mustang)
'93* LX (4cyl 5sp)
98 GT (5sp)
06 GT (auto)
16 Ecoboost (auto)
at one point he had the last 3 on that list at once. ( there were a couple Challenger R/T's in there too)
now he's just down to the '98... sometimes he thinks he kept the wrong one... he should have kept the '06 instead.

*I think it was a 93... last year of the Fox body, before the sn95's came out...

you sound just like my brother...he's owned many (still refuses to call the Mach-E a Mustang)
'93* LX (4cyl 5sp)
98 GT (5sp)
06 GT (auto)
16 Ecoboost (auto)
at one point he had the last 3 on that list at once. ( there were a couple Challenger R/T's in there too)
now he's just down to the '98... sometimes he thinks he kept the wrong one... he should have kept the '06 instead.

*I think it was a 93... last year of the Fox body, before the sn95's came out...
I've had several as well, probably don't even remember them all. Chronological by car year for me:
84 LX notch turned into drag car
86 GT hatch
87 GT hatch, t-tops
91 GT hatch
(2) 93 GT
94 GT
96 Cobra, its claim to fame was I ran a 13.51@104 bone stock at Englishtown back in '98, the same day I met Evan Smith of MM&FF fame.

Who knows?
For how many decades were we teased with mid engine Corvettes before one finally came to fruition?
My personal opinion is that Ford has far more important things to spend money on at the moment.
The crazy thing is that GM was testing a mid engine Corvette right in front of the public for four years in IMSA. They had a mid engine Corvette racecar in the LMDP class with three teams running them. Once I saw that I was certain that a mid engine Corvette was coming.

Back