Hankook Tires- Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Srt20
Yeah tire manufacturers are funny.

My last truck, a heavy dodge diesel 4x4 2500, I put 2 sets of Hankook ATMs on it. They were great tires. Did everything really well and lasted very long.

My current truck, a f150, came with this same tire, though different size and load rating. And I dislike them alot. Crappy in snow, getting noisy already at 20k miles.

Funny how that is.

It's not uncommon for an OE version of a tire to have worse traction. They're made to be cheaper and to last longer.

A few years back I bought a bridgestone tire that was OE on some GM cars. The tires had horrible reviews in OE applications, but had decent reviews for ones that were purchased aftermarket.

^^^ my F150 has the Dynapro ATMs on it. these glowing reviews on it has surprised me, and maybe this is why.

I've not been impressed with their wet pavement handling much at all. They seem quick to get light on wet roads, and I'm a conservative driver.
some of that could be the oem 275 width. They are not skinny. And nearly useless as an AT. As far as dry roads, noise, and dry handling, they are superb and didn't require much weight to balance.

Originally Posted by Miller88

It's not uncommon for an OE version of a tire to have worse traction. They're made to be cheaper and to last longer.

A few years back I bought a bridgestone tire that was OE on some GM cars. The tires had horrible reviews in OE applications, but had decent reviews for ones that were purchased aftermarket.

OEM tires are usually made to be good mpg (so the mpg rating is good) and good enough traction (so you'll like it in the test drive). They are cheap because of the volume of sales, not because they are made lower quality. If they are made durable and low mpg they will still be cheap due to the OEM contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back