hand lotion for cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. All lotions need to be applied in a timely manner, depending on the cold and/or dampness that irritates the skin, just prior to application of the lotion.

Timing is more important than the product itself sometimes. Unless one works outdoors and is subject to the weather outdoors for long spells, any name-brand will work. In extreme cases, use extreme products in a timely manner.

When I hauled beer all day years ago during cold winters, I often had three pair of gloves and changed after every party store delivery, keeping the wet pair of gloves on top of the truck defroster to dry-out. Usually after another party store or two, those gloves were dry again.

Sometimes I would apply lotion several times per day at work. All depends. There's no worse feeling than having skin cracks at the end of your fingertips.... especially thumbs - then have Michigan road salt get into those wounds and burn like crazy.

Ouch-City!

Last edited:
O'Keefes, although after several years of using it I think my skin has become immune to it and it's a bit less effective for me than it used to be. I'll have to try the Tru Blue Spa stuff I guess.

This year has been so dry that anything short of daily lotion and running the humidifiers 24/7 means skin is cracking and noses are bleeding.

I use Jergens original cherry almond scent. Not too oily and not too weak,it's the perfect just right balance,and the smell is very mild.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
Originally Posted By: cpayne5
My wife's fingers get dry and cracked in the winter. A few years ago I picked up some of this stuff at a local hardware store and she now swears by it.
http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands

Good luck.

I second using O'Keeffe's
Sold at Wal-Greens or Hardware Stores.
Only Hand Cream I use now.

Any moisturizer that comes with a pump, may contain a higher % of water (to pump more easily).

Agree

I like threads like these. As a diabetic I am always looking for products for my feet. I am going to try this O’Keeffes.

I've tried most everything in this thread, some work better than others true enough - some leave to much grease, but the only thing that gets in and prevents cracks in my knuckles, is from Bert's Bees. I believe it's called Sheer Body lotion, but as per typical they stopped making it - my wife backed up the truck when she saw the close out at the store. I see some on Amazon, but crazy expensive.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I've tried most everything in this thread, some work better than others true enough - some leave to much grease, but the only thing that gets in and prevents cracks in my knuckles, is from Bert's Bees. I believe it's called Sheer Body lotion, but as per typical they stopped making it - my wife backed up the truck when she saw the close out at the store. I see some on Amazon, but crazy expensive.

I swear that's so [censored] typical,you find something you absolutely LOVE and it either gets discontinued or the formula gets changed and cheapened. Like with my favorite Nexxus shampoo. It's the only thing that tames my thick unruly hair,and Unilever bought them out and now it's garbage. I stocked up on the original formula when it got clearanced out because I knew what that meant,and when I see the original formula on Ebay,it's like your lotion,super expensive.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Eucerin for me...

Eucerine seems to work well for me too...Gold Bond is also a good one...

Another Aveeno fan, like it and no complains
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Cetaphil is the only lotion we use. The best healer I've seen.

That's good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back