HAIL NO.... Not again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another hail storn in Colorado. My daughter's neighbors just replaced their hail damaged Subaru 1.5 months ago and this happened today to their brand new Subaru! This would drive me nuts!!

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Your daughter's car survived this time I assume?

Yes, she and her husband were at work and the hail was only marble sized there. Crazy.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
In that first picture it looks like the drivers side pillar got hit.

And it looks like the front fender too. My daughter said their back window was blown out. They are such a nice old couple too.

Last edited:
As someone who used to live in Denver, I can attest to this happening a ton over the summers. Dealers even have typical hail sales where they heavily discount decently damaged new cars.

I wonder how those aluminium Ford pickups fare in these events?

I think they get dented ;-)

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Your daughter's car survived this time I assume?

Yes, she and her husband were at work and the hail was only marble sized there. Crazy.

Hail is *extremely* location-specific.

Often it doesn't hail because it melts before it reaches the ground (you can see it in the clouds if you know what to look for).

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Those hail balls are ridiculous. I'd have to have a garage or carport.

The real damage is when you're on the road at 75mph.

My car got it this time! Busted side marker light, busted windshield, dented like crazy. Called every windshield company in town - minimum 2 weeks. Guess I'll be driving like a dog with my head out the window.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Those hail balls are ridiculous. I'd have to have a garage or carport.

The real damage is when you're on the road at 75mph.

Ouch. Are these big stones few and far between in a normal hail storm or can there be lots of them? How many big hits did the Subie get?

7 years ago our house sustained $45,000 damage in a hail storm, broken windows, totalled siding and roof shingles, etc. Wife and I were half an hour away on the highway when the storm hit. Our two daughters (teen and preteen at the time) were home terrified. We stayed on the phone with them throughout the storm, they were in the basement and we could hear the racket over the phone. Our little town looked like a war zone when we arrived, branches down all over, no leaves on the trees, flooding. Lived here over 30 years, thankfully never anything that severe before or since. Those storms are no joke.

That one in the kid's hand to the left I got hit in in the E30.

Saw the green cloud rolling across as I got to the work car park, and started driving away from it back into town...it caught me, and I pulled over.

Suffer anxiety, and had the worst fight/flight response while the BMW got peened to death...even caved in a couple of roof creases...third party only, I drove it like that for a while before I parked it due to a firewall chassis crack.

I wonder how those aluminium Ford pickups fare in these events?

Realtor I know has one. Likes it but says in heavy rain more noise is created from the aluminum body than with normal trucks he's had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back