Gumout Regane and All in one changed formula? No PEA on label

Hey everyone. After reading a bunch of posts about a decent fuel system cleaner I was decided on getting something with PEA locally and chose the Gumout All in one. Even on the website of the store I bought it from (Canadian Tire), it shows the PEA label, as per first pic. But as you can see from the second pic, the bottle I got doesn't have it. This was also the same on the Regane bottle. I couldn't say for the High Mileage version since it wasn't in stock on the shelf. I looked all around my bottle and no mention of PEA.

Did something maybe change regulation wise and they are no PEA anymore? I wouldn't think they would remove that label part of their label marketing, people would want PEA right, has to be another reason?

1xH2Czo.png

yEKoARG.png

Was at WalMart the other day and the Gumout is real confusing. More confusion=More profits. In the shape of bottle you showed, 3 of the 4 clearly had PEA. One did not.

Been covered in several threads before ...
Use the search function, please.

And there's this ...

This clearly shows that they still use PEA; they specifically mention it.

Always go to the product website first. In the time it took you to take the photos and upload them, you could have located the answer on their website.

Now, as to why they took PEA off the label? I'm not a marketing major, but considering that probably 99% of the folks who buy stuff don't understand what's on the label, let alone what's in the bottle, well, there's no need to put PEA on there. Some folks might even think there are "peas" (green veggies) in the bottle; yes - some people are that dumb. (I'm not saying you are, but some are). So the marketing folks put the EFFECTS of the PEA on the bottle ... and the GDI mention. And the Spanish wording. Something had to go to make room for the other stuff. So PEA was taken off, as most people have zero idea what that is anyway.

Last edited:
Been covered in several threads before ...
Use the search function, please.
Search results for query: gumout pea

And there's this ...

Our Ingredients – Gumout

gumout.com
gumout.com

This clearly shows that they still use PEA; they specifically mention it.

All-In-One® Complete Fuel System Cleaner + Ethanol Treatment – Gumout

gumout.com
gumout.com

Always go to the product website first. In the time it took you to take the photos and upload them, you could have located the answer on their website.

Now, as to why they took PEA off the label? I'm not a marketing major, but considering that probably 99% of the folks who buy stuff don't understand what's on the label, let alone what's in the bottle, well, there's no need to put PEA on there. Some folks might even think there are "peas" (green veggies) in the bottle; yes - some people are that dumb. (I'm not saying you are, but some are). So the marketing folks put the EFFECTS of the PEA on the bottle ... and the GDI mention. And the Spanish wording. Something had to go to make room for the other stuff. So PEA was taken off, as most people have zero idea what that is anyway.

No I totally agree to search before hand it's just the threads were like a few years older and nothing seemed conclusive. Also the fact Canadian Tire would have the PEA label online maybe told me a law changes or something not to long ago, hence like not having threads dating of this year related to PEA label change, I was really wasn't sure. There is not a single mention of PEA on the bottle lol it makes no sense to me.

But thanks I guess I'm good to go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm okay actually...... I think the Canadian version is weaker.... Look at these 2 SDS. Unless I am misrepresenting the US one where the ammount if higher.

I guess it is what it is I'll still use these, I bought 3 lmao.

yAmUqAd.png

ZMcq00n.png

Hmmm okay actually...... I think the Canadian version is weaker.... Look at these 2 SDS. Unless I am misrepresenting the US one where the ammount if higher.

I guess it is what it is I'll still use these, I bought 3 lmao.

yAmUqAd.png

ZMcq00n.png

Yeah - you're on the right track!

Interesting that they call out a range (3-7%; 10-30%) for the PEA mixture ...
Giving themselves some leeway I guess.
It does seem odd there's such a discrepancy for two products; perhaps some legal limit for each country?

Yeah - you're on the right track!

Interesting that they call out a range (3-7%; 10-30%) for the PEA mixture ...
Giving themselves some leeway I guess.
It does seem odd there's such a discrepancy for two products; perhaps some legal limit for each country?

I was told once that the range is allowed because it gives manufacturers a little lee-way to keep the exact formulation somewhat proprietary. I don’t know for sure myself, just something that has been stated wrt that.

The range of 10-30% is because it applies to the standard 6oz product, which would be in the upper part of the range, And a 12oz product sold at autoparts stores, which is just a diluted version.

I don't understand the discrepancy for All in One US/CAN.

I opened one of the bottles today and took a whiff, and I definitely can smell a bit of "fish" so I'll still use them.

I looked at the regular Megane for fun SDS, and that one does have more PEA, compared to All in one I bought. Also looked at STP complete cleaner, also has in the typical range. But hey this is percent by weight right, so in theory, as the All in one is twice in size, it's not that low in PEA total right? :D Or by weight they mean the weight of the total product as sold? Man this is confusing lol.

Last edited:
Well, I tell all my customers who ask about fuel system cleaners to look for products with PEA so I know they are looking for that on the labels when shopping. I usually recommend Gumout Complete. Gumout will probably lose a few sales from smart consumers w/out the PEA verbiage....but with the uninformed making up 95% of the population it won't hurt them at all lol

Back