Gumout w/ PEA Formula

Last year, I bought some Gumout with PEA label on the bottle. I went to Amazon and reorder the same stuff but this time I received the none PEA formula. The kicker is that I can not return this crap so besides providing a negative review there is not much else it can be done.

The picture clearly shows the PEA formula sticker.

This is what I received
IMG_2284.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MSTU has always had PEA in it to my knowledge, the Regane branding has never been used on it like some of their older injector cleaning products. Their site still claims that it contains premium ingredients like PEA and shows the new packaging, the MSDS from 2021 is the most current and it shows 5-10% PEA in it.
Thanks for the above info. I follow your link and the label at bottom reads for GDi, which mine does not but @X cleaning POWER Carbon Clean.

I am know even more suspicious that they have different bottles w/ different claims.

Last year, I bought some Gumout with PEA label on the bottle. I went to Amazon and reorder the same stuff but this time I received the none PEA formula. The kicker is that I can not return this crap so besides providing a negative review there is not much else it can be done.

Check the SDS. It will be listed.

So Amazon seems to have a not returnable policy for some things. I have come across it twice. Both times they sent me something that was obviously the wrong item. Ordered Diet Pepsi for SodaStream and got Ginger Ale. The normal return option does not work.

In both cases I have gone to customer service Chat and said what you sent is not what I ordered. They credit my account and say use, donate or toss what was sent.

Whats the link to the Amazon page?

Amazon filters out negative feedback anyways and won't post it. I ordered AC Delco cold climate power steering fluid as it's a synthetic blend but they sent me the regular stuff instead, needless to say they blocked my review from being posted because it was more/less an issue of the seller who sent me the wrong product who btw was also Amazon themselves, I always try to choose Amazon if at all possible so I don't have to deal with the 3rd party sellers. I could've returned it and either exchanged or a refund but decided to keep it and just use it to flush out the system anyways.

I ended up buying SeaFoam power steering fluid from Walmart, ended up being more expensive in the end due to having to purchase more bottles because they are smaller in size 12oz vs qt but they are full synthetic.

Assuming this one actually rings up at $3.68 I will buy it. The same amount on the right costs almost 2x as much.. and aside from saying "CarbonClear" I don't see much/any difference.

I'm at just under half a tank and the car will see extended use today, in-town driving.

Did I make the right call?

I chose this over Seafoam...
20230824_072956.jpg
20230824_073023.jpg

UPDATE: Yes! $3.68 product price.. $3.92 out the door after tax.

Do you all feel this is a good product?

I think the missing regane means it doesn't have any pea, so likely no different than any other no name product on the shelf.

I think the missing regane means it doesn't have any pea, so likely no different than any other no name product on the shelf.
I feel almost silly that I was looking at the word gum out and miss the word regane on the one that I bought on the left.

I thought it was doing something because I thought it was leaving little black imprints of carbon out of the muffler during the morning as I was driving around doing my stops as a Spark Driver that morning...

Back