Greased Lightning Fuel System Treatment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10 years ago, I had this old carbureted Toyota that got around 15 MPG. I bought this bottle of Greased Lightning Fuel System Treatment and on the first full tank of gas, I was able to improve my MPG to around 20-22 MPG. However, the next full tanks went back to normal (15 MPG). Since then, I've been buying it a my local Kragen's and pouring it into my cars as part of my regular maintenance hoping it would be cleaning the fuel system even though MPG did not increase or decrease.

I was surprised that I didn't read any posts on BITOG about this Greased Lightning Fuel System Treatment product. Hoping I don't start a flame war, please tell me your thoughts about this product. In the meantime, I'm still trying to read more posts about Marvel Mystery Oil, Seafoam, and Auto-Rx regarding how and when to use them. Thanks.

Sounds like a MPG reading fluke.
One tank checks are not reliable.
I would forego the Greased Lighting treatments.
Use Techron once or twice a year.

MMO in the gas at 4 ounces /10 gallons is good for a bunch of reasons. Not the best cleaner, but some with good lubrication of parts that normally would not get lubricated .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back