Got a clean engine complement yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mechanic had the valve cover off the Tracker yesterday and was impressed how clean it was under there. It seems my loose schedule of spring and fall changes, with almost all flavors of rotella(15W40, 0W40, 5W40), on sale 5W30 synthetics, the odd bulk 5W30 dino change, and even a summer on 20W50, have really paid off.
crazy.gif

He was looking for an intermitant whine/ringing at the front of the engine, and we suspected a plastic timing chain guide had given up, but everything looked great in there.
He was a bit surprised when I told him what I had been doing for OCI's and oil, but he said it must be working.

Sorry, I wasn't there while they were working on it, and I don't think its quite BITOG clean, but I think compared to the average old beater the mechanic works on, it stood out.

And I thought this thread was going to be about how clean you kept the engine compartment not the innards.

Almost time to start thinking about hosing off salt from the vehicles!

Originally Posted By: supton
And I thought this thread was going to be about how clean you kept the engine compartment not the innards.

Almost time to start thinking about hosing off salt from the vehicles!

Haha, heck no, I'll give a quick spray under the hood in the spring to wash the salt and sand out, but thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back