Good news for Nissan CVT owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a repost, but Nissan has extended the warranty on all of their CVTs to 10year/120k miles. This warranty applies only to the CVT transmissions on all vehicles produced in '03 till present. So now you don't have to worry about forking out $6K (installed) when the CVT on your Murano goes out pass 5yr/60k miles, and if you allready did, you have untill July 31, 2010 to claim your re-embursement.

I think this is a great move on Nissans part, and now I'm seriously considering a '10 Altima sedan, v6 of corse

Last edited:
Considering that Nissan has a reputation of not being the most supportive when it comes to warranty assistance, their introduction of an extended warranty program for these transmissions tells me that they want to prove to the public that these units will be reliable in the long-run. I suspect Nissan is offering this warranty because they know that their transmissions will last and this warranty program will not come back and bite them.

I have an 08 Rogue with the CVT-currently at 57k+. The CVT has been flawless so far. It's actually my favorite thing about the vehicle.

I was unaware of the extended warranty coverage, so thanks for posting.

REDDOG

That is a smart move on Nissan's part IMHO. They finally realized that when you have a major unexpected early failure, people really remember how you take care of them or not. This warranty extension will probably be very expensive but losing an existing customer is very, very expensive. Many times you lose all hope of ever getting that customer back.

Now, hopefully they have already put a concentrated effort to bulletproof this transmission so the pain ends here.

cousincletus,

So, why bring it up cousin? Are you trying to "get things going"? If not, then don't say anything. Otherwise, you are just asking for the comments to start (not that it justifies the comments...)

I would think the same thing about GM as I do Nissan. I think the same thing about Honda (the AT I have in my car is not stellar by any stretch). It hasn't failed yet so we'll see how far it goes. They extended the warranty on a couple model years (should have been the entire generation - peeved about that one). I've heard several people on here say the same thing that I did above. I believe XS650 was one of those.

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
I could just imagine all the comments here if GM made that transmission.

GM DID this exact same thing. the Saturn VUE was offered for a few years w/ a CVT, and because of all the problems, they extended the warranty on it.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
Originally Posted By: cousincletus
I could just imagine all the comments here if GM made that transmission.

GM DID this exact same thing. the Saturn VUE was offered for a few years w/ a CVT, and because of all the problems, they extended the warranty on it.

Except that was really a band-aid fix. The replacement CVTs were just as bad as the original ones.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
I have an 08 Rogue with the CVT-currently at 57k+. The CVT has been flawless so far. It's actually my favorite thing about the vehicle.

I was unaware of the extended warranty coverage, so thanks for posting.

REDDOG

My inlaws also have an '08 w/ AWD. I do agree that it's a perfect drivetrain for this vehicle. It's awesome to drive.

Joel

Originally Posted By: Cogito
Does Infiniti use this trans? If so, are they also extending the warranty?

Infiniti has never used the CVT in its line-up. Most of Infiniti's line-up uses a conventional 7-speed auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back