Good motor mount brands for Honda civic?

My 2012 Civic is making clunking noises when shifting from D to R and also makes rattling noises while idling.

I'm looking on rockauto and see a lot of brands but I'm not familiar with a single one of them.

I need suggestions on the best after brand/design. So far I know to stay away from DEA and Westar brand mounts.

Last edited:
You didn’t say which amount you needed. Providing you need a specific amount, Beck/Arnley would be the way to go but, I don’t know if that’s the exact amount you need. All the mounts that ROCKAUTO is showing are for the right side. Is that the one you definitely need? If so get then get the Beck/Arnley. Often Beck/Arnley is OE or at least better quality.

Last edited:
Just bite the bullet and get OEM. Aftermarket mounts are almost always a disappointment. It's probably just the passenger side engine mount that you need. Can you see if it's collapsed?
No I can't. It looks to be under the transmission. I read online that honda mounts are prone to cracking prematurely and to go with a good aftermarket redesign

Like many OEM auto manufactures, there are brick and mortar dealers that discount OEM parts online with original OEM parts. DuckDuckGo "Online discount OEM Honda parts" I always try to find actual dealers then "others" IE warehouses that "might" sell OEM or china knock offs. It take some time and common sense to filter the questionable ones out. Then you know in the future who you can trust on your other orders later. All have different prices, and different shipping Bookmarking the good ones is your friend.

Go with OEM. Motor mounts are usually too much of a PITA to do more than once.

I've had good luck getting OEM parts online from Majestic Honda, but there are many dealers out there with an online storefront.

Bump.

Can anyone view the video and confirm for me that the passenger side mount is bad? It looks like it has excessive play if you play close attention.

Thanks in advance..

My 2012 Civic is making clunking noises when shifting from D to R and also makes rattling noises while idling.

I'm looking on rockauto and see a lot of brands but I'm not familiar with a single one of them.

I need suggestions on the best after brand/design. So far I know to stay away from DEA and Westar brand mounts.

I’ve never had good luck with aftermarket motor mounts. Go Honda…

Reactions: hrv
I'll take my chances with beck arnley. No way I'm forking out $600 for mounts on an 12 year old car with nearly 200k on the clock.
For fun I just checked a Honda dealer online, some of those engine mounts for an AT are back-ordered at Honda! Good luck actually getting those.. On other Honda dealer sites says "discontinued" wow.. after 11 years? good going Honda.. what a joke!! anyway.. Looks like Beck Arnley might be the only path.. hope that works out well!

For fun I just checked a Honda dealer online, some of those engine mounts for an AT are back-ordered at Honda! Good luck actually getting those.. On other Honda dealer sites says "discontinued" wow.. after 11 years? good going Honda.. what a joke!! anyway.. Looks like Beck Arnley might be the only path.. hope that works out well!
I checked tree online honda parts and they are available and in stock....

When I bought my 06 Acura TL from a friend, the first thing I had to replace was the passenger side engine mount. The whole engine was lifting up when you put it in gear. I ended up replacing the front engine and transmission mounts also later.

When I bought my 06 Acura TL from a friend, the first thing I had to replace was the passenger side engine mount. The whole engine was lifting up when you put it in gear. I ended up replacing the front engine and transmission mounts also later.
Luckily the whole engine isn't moving or lifting up, it's just torquing to the front.

Back