Good low to no sugar mayonnaise recommendations

As someone who's eaten far too many sandwiches with far too much mayo
I don't think the sugar in the Mayo is the biggest concern 😳

OTOH, Hellmans Real Mayo lists sugar in the ingredients

This stuff, and a few competitive Keto Mayos are sugar free
Available at Target or Amazon
1702873006967.jpg

I’d say less than 10-15 grams? I’m new to this folks. Orr I’ll stick with 0% yogurt for my shredded salmon and chicken mix with lettuce and cabbage.
I checked on my jar of Hellmans, for one serving which is one tablespoon, sugar is not even listed in the ingredients. There is zero carbs and sugar is not even listed in the nutrition information.

Been reading and cannot find many low sugar or no sugar mayonnaise. Thank You all in advance.
Primal kitchens sold at Target claims less than .5 grams sugar per serving. Mrs. Kitchens brand (never heard of them) claims to sell a no sodium no sugar mayo.

Mayo for taste, but no sugar is indeed key.

Duke's tastes good and has no sugar. Winner for me. Again for taste, don't use gobs as it is a high fat food.

REAL Kewpie doesn't have sugar (watch for fake), uses only egg yolks (love that), but lacks the acid I like. The profile is pretty oily, IMHO.

Lastly watch the type of oils in mayo. Some, including Duke's don't use the best oils, so go light. I like the idea of EVOO mayo, but some have sugar, don't use much olive oil and who knows if good olive oil.

I've made my own in the past - takes little time, and not much practice, but raw eggs and stores for a few days.

She says it well, good oil - !

Not sure Hellmans (Best Foods) used to have sugar.

I don't know when most of these companies started using soybean oil in darn near everything, but I think it has altered the taste of mayo and other condiments. Mayo has changed in the last few years IMO.

I think Hellman's ingredient list used to be:

Vegetable oil
Egg yolks
Spices

My wife likes Hellmans. I'm not a fan. It reminds me of my mother and sisters getting perms in the 80s and early 90s.

Back