My taste evaluation - 3 lower blood glucose impact of (somewhat) natural sweeteners

So I used the allulose in my cacao espresso this AM.

Whoa. Same amount as date sugar and inulin. What a sweet bomb. I mean bordering on too sweet for me, others would be OK with it.

I am a super taster, but these things vary a LOT by what they are mixed with and how they are delivered. I probably should have known that, but interesting "discovery". I will go tiny amount of allulose tomorrow. Coffee and cacao can tend to the bitter side, so very interesting.

Sugar is sugar .
No, actually there are many kinds of sweeteners in the world and lots of different sugars. I do agree, getting away from sweet addiction is a good thing.

That said.

Please start a new thread and I/we would love to discuss. This one is about these three sweeteners.

My wife doesn't think allulose or inulin are sweet. At all.
Frau Pablo isn't far off as it concerns the sweetness of inulin. I love this stuff. It gives me just enough sweetness with a large enough dose and it's beneficial. It works great for me in coffee, hot cacao, and in some baked goods. If you require a lot of sweetness you may be better off financially replacing only some of the sugar of your choice with inulin. I can't comment on Allulose as I have not come across it.

Chemical or pharmaceutical supply house? At least two of them sound like something found in a lab. :ROFLMAO:
Inulin is a natural component of many plants. It is a type of fermentable prebiotic plant fiber, a polysaccharide that has zero carbs and zero calories. It has 1/8 the sweetness of dextrose and promotes a healthy gut biome. Almost all commercially available inulin is made from chicory root. If you choose to try inulin, you may want to up your intake slowly as your intestinal bacteria may take a little time to get used to it. Start with a couple of teaspoons a day. It's really great if you just want to add some sweetness.

I don't think I have ever bought sugar or any sweetening product in my life. I don't bake or make iced tea from scratch or drink coffee so can't think of any use for them.

DR Sten Ekburg has a great vid on sweetners explaining the good + bad. i was a sugar hound when younger but weaned myself off most of it + enjoy black + strong coffee i am having after my first meal at 2 pm!!! YOU CAN change your taste buds over time as i did, from many toxic sodas to NONE as they are TOOO sweet for me as is many things i used to consume!! 75YO + above average IMO!!

Back