Good credit cards for rewards? Comparison sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do very well with the Costco Cti Visa card,4% on gas,3% on travel,2% on Costco purchases ,1% on ever thing else.IN addition we 2% as Costco executive members,witch comes out to 4% in total for items at Costco. we use AX for groceries with 3% back up to $6k with no card fee.Southwest airlines visa card for all purchases over $5k.Family charges about $125k per year.

Seems like you have to keep switching to really take advantage of the points/ rewards. Barclay card is really becoming a player now.
Chase Freedom seems to be the most consistent. My wife uses the NRA exclusively because it's the NRA and points are decent.
I ve noticed the higher rewards cards also carry the highest interest. I am like you and pay them off so no interest every month but still it's like playing with fire,
Bigger risk bigger reward.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Seems like you have to keep switching to really take advantage of the points/ rewards.

Yup this. I'll get a new card that's like 1% on everything, 4% on gas and they'll yank the carpet out after a year and make the deal lamer.

Started getting Chase cards when they pay me $150 or $200 just for signing up. Have done this a few times. Once they stopped sending me solicitations for years. Mission accomplished.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Agreed, I just felt more comfortable with Vanguard and my accounts have no annual maintenance fees there. I am sure Fidelity has something similar, as they are competing for the same customers. I have to include the cash back in my monthly transfer into the account from my checking, but it isn't a big deal as I am ideally transferring in money each month.

There are usually a few cards that operate in the same manner with very similar rules and they end up competing for those spenders that go for that kind of thing.

My Fidelity account doesn't have any fees either plus they have multiple branch offices in my city. I don't think Vanguard has that many. Plus they do the same thing, no fees, everything is consolidated. And yeah, Fidelity 2% cash back is one of the best cards out there. I'm grandfathered for some reason I still have an Amex Gold card, but it's not really good for anything, no special perks or anything, just a no fee card from Fidelity. I just carry it around for emergencies but hardly ever use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back