Good cell phone holder for car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently planning a long road trip, about 4 weeks, and would like to know what other people are using? I want use my phone for navigation so thats why I would like it visible.

I have a HTC One M9

Thanks

I've been using this mount from Arkon on my dashboard for about a few years. The adhesive plate/disc that comes with it seems kind of cheap but it's held the entire time and I very rarely remember how many times the mount has lost suction and fallen off.

Amazon link

Wife and I have iOttie mounts. They have some silicone adhesive that removes without any traces. Holds good with a spring loaded fingers to grip the phone. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. IIRC they are $30 or so.

You can find "Lido" mounts at communications vendors such as DX Engineering, whick is a part of Summit racing. There's a wole page full.

Another vote for iOttie. It does not fit my nexus 5x all that well, but its not the mount's fault. My phone just has weird button placement that makes finding a universal mount nearly impossible.

However, iOttie's customer service is outstanding. They sent me two additional mounts at no charge just to try to make me happy.

Nav is heavy on the battery so make sure to have a good charger. I cant comment on a good holder but good post OP. From the ones ive used...i prefer one thatwill connect to vent rather than window or stuck to dash...

I've had horrible luck with cell phone holders lol...the best one I've had though was the Grip and Go thing....worst part about it, it fell a couple times off the windshield and the gooey sticky stuff, if it gets dirty on it, the phone won't stick, so you gotta wash it, and then let it air dry.....then my wife got me a cheapo from Sears discount bin for Christmas lol, it's got an annoying clamp on it that you have to pull apart by hand and wedge your phone in there.....avoid bumpy roads though, or the suction cup will fall off your windshield.....and yea if that suction cup gets any dirt on it, it will no longer stick to the windshield (see above LOL).

my wife had the best luck with a Scosche brand that I got her for her birthday, that has vent clips that slide into the AC vents to mount, and it actually holds her IPhone 6S Plus which is pretty wide....and that one wins hands down, no suction cups to get dirty lol....now I can see the "retraction spring" wearing out over time.....as it's got a spring activated thing that holds the phone in place...

Checkout ProClip USA. They have a step by step way of customizing what you want. They are expensive which is why I haven't bought one yet. They seem to be high quality though and for a 4 week long road trip, I would highly consider one from them.

They have a custom holder for an M9 and also have universal holders that can accommodate a large phone with thick shockproof case.

I've gone through a large number of holders that broke or fell off.
What I use is Velcro. mount some on the steering column
and the back of the phone - do two spots for stability.

when you're done you can peel off both phone and steering wheel.

I use one of these. If you're willing to give up a cupholder it's great.

cellCup.jpg

I like ProClip for GPS/Cell/etc... holders. They are not cheap but they are custom made to not only fit your specific vehicle but also your specific device. It is a 2 part system using a mount on the vehicle( no drilling/cutting required )and then a device specific holder that attaches to the mount. Usually the cell holder will rotate as well so you can turn it horizontally when using as a GPS for a wider screen shot.

Again, not cheap but IMO it is the best option. I have tried many styles from vent mounts, to window mounts, to bean bag type dash mounts. ProClip has been the best.

http://www.proclipusa.com/

As convenient as the location is I don't want anything that blocks my vents. It gets hot here in the summer, I have a big windshield, and I like to point all the vents right at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back