GM Bulk D1G2 5w30, 5K Miles, 2017 ATS 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: zeng
Mobil ESP 5W30 is good with an HTHS 3.58.

It also has only 0.6 sulphated ash, and one thread on here recently suggested it's NOACK is only 5.6%!

I'm going to switch my Corvette over to this oil on the next oil change, I'm that impressed with the specs on this oil (it looks even better on paper than the brand new M1 0w40 ESP that is now recommended for C7 Corvettes)

Is there any documented or formal response that this oil has been LSPI tested/certified?

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: zeng
Mobil ESP 5W30 is good with an HTHS 3.58.

It also has only 0.6 sulphated ash, and one thread on here recently suggested it's NOACK is only 5.6%!
I'm going to switch my Corvette over to this oil on the next oil change, I'm that impressed with the specs on this oil (it looks even better on paper than the brand new M1 0w40 ESP that is now recommended for C7 Corvettes)

Is there any documented or formal response that this oil has been LSPI tested/certified?

It is a dexos2 oil and I found an article claiming that standard includes an LSPI test, although I wish I could find stronger verification.
I used to run that ESP before d1G2 as it had a low calcium/very low sodium content along with the other nice properties discussed...quite expensive for me to procure, though.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...t??#Post4711287

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I used to run that ESP before d1G2 as it had a low calcium/very low sodium content along with the other nice properties discussed...quite expensive for me to procure, though.

I'd agree that such a product does have a lot of features that would be helpful for a direct injection engine.

After reading over several DI turbo UOAs, this report doesn't seem nearly as bad as I originally thought, especially considering the fact that the engine is relatively new and I had a torn filter for some portion of the OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back