cheers.gif

I was jokin too!
grin.gif

mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
How many miles on the 0W-40? Some batches of GC have some iron in it....as much as 9ppm, but it clearly looks as if M1 kicked butt in this case!

Kicked butt? Other than iron being higher, it looks like a wash to me. And iron is higher from the cold weather, or being an early batch of GC.

PS-flyboy, where are all the other values given on your reports? You left out a lot of data here.

For being a thicker oil, for the bad reviews this oil has got at times and for being compared to the "king of oils" (GC).....it absolutely kicked butt.

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:
Although the M1 did well, won't it leave more sludge from shearing?

No . One of the precursors to sludge is insoluables . Here the Mobil had less than the other very shear stable oil at the same miles .

My opinion is this base oil formulation and it's h*ll for stout additive package will keep near anything but a Cow magnet
smile.gif
in suspension and carry it safely to the oil filter

quote:

true, we are a little obsessed sometimes over a couple of ppm here and there. Mobil 1 0w40 in this engine would surely allow it to live well beyond 250,000 miles.

I'll go further and say that buck-a-quart Chevron would allow this engine to live beyond 250,000 miles if changed at 3-4k intervals.
smile.gif

Probably not without an occasional cleaning. Turbos coke dino pretty easily. A 4k interval is only 1k less than I would use for synth in most turbo motors.

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
I'll go further and say that buck-a-quart Chevron would allow this engine to live beyond 250,000 miles if changed at 3-4k intervals.
smile.gif
[/QB]

I wouldn't go that far. Turbos are hard on oil and dino oil is more susceptible to coking as it can't withstand the extremely high temperatures as well as synthetic oil can, regardless of OCI.

I had much less iron wear than this after 9500 miles of running the Amsoil 10w-30....

I'd suggest trying the Amsoil 10w-30 or the Redline 5w-30/10w-30 - now available at Advance Auto - in this application and increasing your drain interval by 50%. You'll still see significantly less valvetrain wear than this ....

Tooslick
www.lubedealer.com/dixie_synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back