Gasoline was $1.74 today in my town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Originally Posted by painfx
$1.95 at Exxon (cash price)

Won't fill up at any gas station that differentiates cash vs credit price.

Unfortunately, the states that I go to pump gas, the majority are like this.

Discovered a non-ethanol station yesterday.

Actually the place has been in its current location in the mid-part of the city since 1994, according to them. And I've certainly seen it for years. Their fuel sign proclaims "No Ethanol," but until recently their posted price was quite a bit higher than even Shell stations, the acknowledged pricey fuel around here.

Now? A gallon sets you back a hefty $1.39! This is a good .20 lower than the Exxons I usually go to. They only have 87 and diesel fuel, of course, but it's been years since I paid less than $25 for a fill-up.

Mark's MId-City Service at the corner of Banks and S. Carrollton in Noo Awlins is the name, if you live around this place or (when the current panic is over) plan to drive through.

No idea yet if the fuel mileage on the '16 LaCrosse will improve a bit. I'll have to do several tankfuls before I'll know that. But, $1.39!

I'm temped to bring all my 5 gallon tanks with me next time I go out of my hometown since gas is
$0.85 a gallon at work
but $1.51 around here,
I'm tiring of waiting to fill my yard truck and put 6 gallons of ethanol free for $2.15 just to get through the week.

Quite unfortunate the extreme price variance from one town to the next.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
$1.95 at Exxon (cash price)

Won't fill up at any gas station that differentiates cash vs credit price.

Unfortunately, the states that I go to pump gas, the majority are like this.

I'm not saying I don't get out much, but prior to going to Georgia for the first time I have never seen cash and credit prices before, I just assumed it was the same!

Gas price here is not going down like they are saying.. EXXON 87 at $1.81 and 93 at $2.83!!!

I think the cheapest I've seen it in the Buffalo NY area was around $2.35/gal. At the reservations it's half that.

Gas price here is not going down like they are saying.. EXXON 87 at $1.81 and 93 at $2.83!!!

Operating costs, real estate taxes etc.

What amazed me today was gas in my town was $2.09, and about 15 miles away [the same county] I paid $1.65. The $2.09 gas was no name, $1.65 was Mobil. Both self serve, and Mobil didn't charge to me to use a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back