G31 Or G32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I like the 357 Sig but there has been some idle talk on forums about it becoming a dying caliber. If agencies aren't using it then you might have issues buying it at a typical gun store. Just a FYI.

On the other hand now might be a good time to get into 10mm Auto as many of the gun companies are starting to build on this platform.

I can buy it all day long, in Gen 3 and Gen 4, for $456.00 OTD, brand new. And, being I have 2 FFL cousins, that's covered. Just a FYI.

I should have clarified -- I meant if agencies are not using 357 Sig, then finding AMMO in common places could be an issue. I sort of see it like trying to find places selling 32 ACP. I'm sure you can find a box in any major metro area, but what is sold is what you're gonna get.. Academy or ***** won't have an incentive to stock 12 different kinds of it.

Get a .40 barrel just in case. Oh wait, it’s “dying”, too if you read the magazines and forums. I don’t know what a “dying” caliber is. I started reloading during the insanity a few years back. My uncle was an expert at it, and taught me most of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Crispysea
I don’t know what a “dying” caliber is.

It is basically a caliber that was once much more popular than it is today. And has, or is starting to fall out of favor for whatever reason. The .40 S&W is becoming a good example, as many shooters are moving on to, or else back to, better choices. (9 MM and or .45 ACP among them). And as a result fewer manufacturers are producing ammunition for it. And those that are have resorted to charging more for much fewer choices, in order to keep the effort profitable. (Many of the nearly obsolete "short fat" Magnum rifle cartridges have over time, fallen into this category).

And yes, you can get around all of this by handloading. But many people, including myself who have been handloading for decades, have found themselves doing less of it. And mostly only when accuracy, or very high ammunition cost is involved. Common calibers are usually cheaper and far less time consuming to simply purchase by the case, and have delivered to your front door. Several progressive reloading presses I have set up for pistol ammunition, are sitting covered and gathering dust. Mostly because I'm at the range shooting, more than I'm home reloading.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i have a g23 and its not an easy gun to shoot. i would get a g22 and slap a conversion barrel in it if i really wanted 357 sig .

Really?

I thought it was a piece of cake...a bit more muzzle flip than the G19...but not hard to shoot at all...

I was going to say... Isnt the 23 (and the 32) the same size/setup as a G19?

19 is a good fitting, easy to shoot pistol. I cant see shooting .40 out of a 23 to be that difficult.

Id guess the .357 sig is a bit hotter, but I dont know that for certain...

Both--in fact, grab a G33 while you are at it!

It will take some practice to adjust to the recoil of the .357SIG, but I find it pushes straight back more than flips when fired (but that is just me). If you can reliably hold and shoot a G19, there is no reason why you cannot shoot a G23 or G32 because they are the same frame size. Same goes for the G31 and the G17/G22 so if you can hold one of them you can handle the G31.

I am assuming that you are talking about holding it with both hands and not just strong hand when you say "But, being as snappy as the .357 SIG round is when shot, I would hate to get a G32 and have it come out of my hand while shooting it!"?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Both--in fact, grab a G33 while you are at it!

It will take some practice to adjust to the recoil of the .357SIG, but I find it pushes straight back more than flips when fired (but that is just me). If you can reliably hold and shoot a G19, there is no reason why you cannot shoot a G23 or G32 because they are the same frame size. Same goes for the G31 and the G17/G22 so if you can hold one of them you can handle the G31.

I am assuming that you are talking about holding it with both hands and not just strong hand when you say "But, being as snappy as the .357 SIG round is when shot, I would hate to get a G32 and have it come out of my hand while shooting it!"?

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
2015_PSD hit the nail right on the head! When I first started shooting my MP .40 with a MP .357 SIG barrel, it shot just as he stated above. The .357 SIG is like no other handgun round, except for your larger caliber rounds; AKA-.357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .454 Casull, etc. It's a powerful round that you need to be prepared to harness from the get go. It speaks POWER when you shoot it. Well, to me anyway. And, I would NOT ever want to be on the receiving end of the .357 SIG!
One thing I don't understand is, Glock parts are priced very low. Except for their barrels. Heck, I thought S&W's barrels were expensive ($85-$125) I was pricing Glock .357 SIG barrels at $140-$175.
shocked.gif

Oh please. "It speaks power"?? It's like a 454 Casull?

A good .357 Sig round is 500 lbft. A bit hotter than most .40.

A lot less than a 10mm

Less than half of the energy a .41 Magnum.

Far less than half the energy of a .44 Magnum.

And less than a THIRD of the energy of a 454 Casull.

.357 Sig is a bit more snappy than a 9mm, but it's not a Magnum. Not by a long shot. It's not even close to the 10mm.

It's in the same range as a .38 Super, so, it's a lot like what the FBI was carrying...

80 years ago.

A lot less than a 10mm

.357 Sig is a bit more snappy than a 9mm, but it's not a Magnum. Not by a long shot. It's not even close to the 10mm.

It's in the same range as a .38 Super, so, it's a lot like what the FBI was carrying...

80 years ago.

DANG, kind of harsh there, huh SPARKY? IMO, I DID OVER EXAGGERATE a bit, but I was trying to get a point across, that it's NOT your everyday 9mm +P+ round.
Are you always this way when you see things in a different aspect?
28.gif

A lot less than a 10mm

80 years ago.

DANG, kind of harsh there, huh SPARKY? IMO, I DID OVER EXAGGERATE a bit, but I was trying to get a point across, that it's NOT your everyday 9mm +P+ round.
28.gif

You think that's harsh?

You've got some thin skin...

If I had known that you were tongue-in-cheek, then perhaps I wouldn't have confused the issue by using objective comparisons for reference.

Maybe an emoji next time? Some way to let the rest of us know that you're kidding?

I thought you actually believed what you were saying...and it was like reading a review of a 4 cylinder rental car, and how it beats Porsches with NECK-SNAPPING acceleration and the way it exudes POWER...between the use of caps and the "hyperbole"...it was, well, difficult to fathom...

A lot less than a 10mm

80 years ago.

28.gif

You think that's harsh?

You've got some thin skin...

If I had known that you were tongue-in-cheek, then perhaps I wouldn't have confused the issue by using objective comparisons for reference.

Maybe an emoji next time? Some way to let the rest of us know that you're kidding?

I thought you actually believed what you were saying...and it was like reading a review of a 4 cylinder rental car, and how it beats Porsches with NECK-SNAPPING acceleration and the way it exudes POWER...between the use of caps and the "hyperbole"...it was, well, difficult to fathom...

Hey now, ez on those sewing machine motors. I had a 3 cylinder Metro beat me onto an interstate ramp. I could have used my Saints brown paper bag at that moment. Oh, the shame.
Anyway, I knew, in MY head, what I meant by my reply. Sometimes, others "FATHOM" the way my brain thinks, even though I don't!
21.gif

I guess those correspondence courses in brain surgery are not working out with the USPS.

It's a powerful round that you need to be prepared to harness from the get go. It speaks POWER when you shoot it.

No son. Not even close. These, "speak power" when you shoot them. (.500 S&W Magnum, .45-70, .308)

Originally Posted By: billt460
It's a powerful round that you need to be prepared to harness from the get go. It speaks POWER when you shoot it.

No son. Not even close. These, "speak power" when you shoot them. (.500 S&W Magnum, .45-70, .308)

OKAY, OKAY, I GET IT!
I was MERELY trying to say that the .357 SIG round was VERY SNAPPY! There now, I fixed it! Can we all now gather and sing " Kumbaya, My Lord " and stop hazing that Fitter member?
grin.gif

Now I see why members are jumping ship from this site! SMH!

To each his own. I carry a lowly .380 and feel very comfortable with it bc I shoot it very well and I shoot a lot. All depends on your comfort level.

And conceilability is good. A gun is better than no gun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
To each his own. I carry a lowly .380 and feel very comfortable with it bc I shoot it very well and I shoot a lot. All depends on your comfort level.

And conceilability is good. A gun is better than no gun.

AL, PSA is selling the RUGER LCP .380 for $169 until midnight February 12, 2018. That gun regularly sells for over $300.
thumbsup2.gif

One thing I don't understand is, Glock parts are priced very low. Except for their barrels. Heck, I thought S&W's barrels were expensive ($85-$125) I was pricing Glock .357 SIG barrels at $140-$175.
shocked.gif

BOF - I do not remember paying that much for the G32 barrel that I bought. Did you say you had a G23?

shocked.gif

BOF - I do not remember paying that much for the G32 barrel that I bought. Did you say you had a G23?

No, I don't have one. But my son does have a Gen 4 G23. He heard that GrabAGun.com had a few of them on sale (G22, G23, G32) so he bought one from there. I think he paid $499+shipping. Is that a good price for a Glock?

I usually read/surf a few Glock only websites. There are a few threads on them about people buying LE Trade Ins (Also on here as well). So, I looked into that. I GOOGLED "Glock LE Trade Ins" and came up with about 6-7 gun shops online that are selling G23's and G22's for unheard of low prices. That's why I mentioned how high Glock barrels were. I was thinking about getting a G22 and buying a .357 SIG barrel (G31) to drop into the G22.
Does Glock still honor the warranty on LE Trade In guns?
Also, there is a website named GLOCK TALK. One of these days, when I own another Glock, I want to join that website. Are there any members here that are on that website? Being I don't own a Glock, should I join anyway, because I "am" wanting a Glock?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why .357 anyways?

There are many reasons, but the main reason is, it's a [censored] round!

OOPS! Sorry about that Mr. Wilson.
27.gif

shocked.gif

No, I don't have one. But my son does have a Gen 4 G23. He heard that GrabAGun.com had a few of them on sale (G22, G23, G32) so he bought one from there. I think he paid $499+shipping. Is that a good price for a Glock?

That’s a good price for a new Glock.

First responders, LE and military can get one via the Blue Label program for about $450. Regular retail is between $550 and $600 for those models.

Also, I would join the Glock forums. If you are interested in getting something, learning about it first is a great idea. I’m a Glock fan. They offer superb reliability and good ergonomics at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back