Furnace keeps running almost non-stop?

A Gas Stove isnt exactly safe either you need to worry about N02 with those . Los Angeles, Seattle, New York, and other progressive cities have already moved to ban most gas appliances in any new homes or apartments.

And that’s been declared unlawful and is dead.

In their ruling on Tuesday [Jan 2], the Ninth Circuit panel wrote that, “By completely prohibiting the installation of natural gas piping within newly constructed buildings, the City of Berkeley has waded into a domain preempted by Congress.”

“The Energy Policy and Conservation Act expressly preempts State and local regulations concerning the energy use of many natural gas appliances, including those used in household and restaurant kitchens,” the panel wrote. “Instead of directly banning those appliances in new buildings, Berkeley took a more circuitous route to the same result. It enacted a building code that prohibits natural gas piping in those buildings from the point of delivery at a gas meter, rendering the gas appliances useless.”

“EPCA thus preempts Berkeley’s building code, which prohibits natural gas piping in new construction buildings from the point of delivery at the gas meter,” they concluded.

CO is 1% with your gas stove? Never in the 8 years that I've had a CO meter has it ever let out a peep.

Do you have ventilation in your house? What's the CO2 level? A tight house will cause elevated CO2 without any combustion and is much more of an issue with open flame gas.
That's 1% in a greatroom, after maybe an hour of baking. House is somewhat leaky. It's 30+ years old.

-Your- CO meters are what type? Conventional? If so, they WON'T peep until very high levels for extended periods of time. That's my point. The 'regs' are... loose. Young and old are susceptible to lower levels of CO.

Seems like it almost never shuts off! Had it serviced less than a month ago. Cleaned, tested and new filter.

Worked great until a few days ago. Now that it got below zero, when i need it most, it keeps running!
-2F now and falling to predicted low of -20F tonight by 7 PM. Should I be concerned?
Properly sized unit for home if these temps are rarer and maintaining temperature.

That's 1% in a greatroom, after maybe an hour of baking. House is somewhat leaky. It's 30+ years old.

-Your- CO meters are what type? Conventional? If so, they WON'T peep until very high levels for extended periods of time. That's my point. The 'regs' are... loose. Young and old are susceptible to lower levels of CO.
1ppm isnt 1% ? that would be 10000ppm
I think people are missing some decimal places ;)

Back