Fram TG7317 5000mi Civic C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
C&P from wife's '09 Civic with 108k miles... oil change based on OMM, ~1 yr and 5000 miles (lots of short trips). Nothing out of the ordinary in the filter.

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks ok to me. What went back in and on?

Thank You for cut and post
smile.gif

Bosch 3323

Sir: may I ask what oil was/is currently in use. Sorry to be a pest. Thank You kindly
smile.gif

Last edited:
Looks ok to me. What went back in and on?

Thank You for cut and post
smile.gif

Bosch 3323

Sir: may I ask what oil was/is currently in use. Sorry to be a pest. Thank You kindly
smile.gif

Valvoline Maxlife 5W-20 was in it prior... this time I put whatever 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 I had left over
smile.gif

this time I put whatever 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 I had left over
smile.gif

Sounds like my kind of oil change. Mix & Match. A custom blended formulation. With a less expensive filter.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
How hard was it to separate the media from the end cap? Just curious

I usually cut the media, as the adhesive is almost always stronger than the media itself...

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
How hard was it to separate the media from the end cap? Just curious

I usually cut the media, as the adhesive is almost always stronger than the media itself...

Thanks. I'm not a paper end cap is bad believer. I also use the TG. I suspect the metal end cap causes more problems than it solves. When the media gets wet and saturated with carbon it can tear because the metal end cap is too rigid under pressure or high flow. The numerous Purolator autopsies with media tears near the end cap suggest this. Whereas the paper/cardboard end cap will flex. Would like to see a comparison of the adhesive strength between the media and the end caps of both. What happens to each when you pull on it or stretch the wet media simulate the stress an oil filter experiences in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back