Fram PH 8172

Is a SuperTech ST12060 a suitable replacement for a Fram PH 8172 for my riding mower? If not, what is an inexpensive replacement? The price of oil filters has skyrocketed.

Is a SuperTech ST12060 a suitable replacement for a Fram PH 8172 for my riding mower? If not, what is an inexpensive replacement? The price of oil filters has skyrocketed.
That's the correct size filter for my Kohler Commands. Just make sure the width & oring gasket of the filters are at least equivalent.

It doesn’t always work. Sometimes the shorter filter is required.

In those cases, I have found AC Delco PF2210 to work. It is a good bit less expensive than the Kohler and Wix filters.
Exactly, good call. If you need the shorter one the PF2210 as mentioned is a good replacement. I use that filter on my grandfather's Scag mower with a Kohler, where there isn't enough room for the 3614 size.

Do you have room for a longer filter?
The PH 3614 and Super Tech ST 3614 are 1” longer.
The PH 3614 will fit. The cost at Wal-Mart is $3.49 plus tax. Beats the heck out of $19.00 at O'Reilly's for their WIN filter. Appreciate the info. Glad I stumbled onto this web site.

I use the Super Tech MP3614 on my Gravely with the Kohler Confidant ZT 740. My local Walmart is no longer stocking the MP line. I guess it will be FRAM TG3614 or STP S3614 from now on.

I use the Super Tech MP3614 on my Gravely with the Kohler Confidant ZT 740. My local Walmart is no longer stocking the MP line. I guess it will be FRAM TG3614 or STP S3614 from now on.
I found the Super Tech on line and Wal-Mart offered several models. I suspect it was one of those deals where you order the filter then Wal-Mart goes to the vendor and a few days later it shows up at the store.

I found the Super Tech on line and Wal-Mart offered several models. I suspect it was one of those deals where you order the filter then Wal-Mart goes to the vendor and a few days later it shows up at the store.
My local store stocks the value line Super Tech ST filters but, has pulled the MP line from the shelves.

There are a lot of good and cheap choices if a slightly longer filter will fit. I'm running a NAPA ProFormer 21348 which was under $5 rather than overpaying for a tiny filter from Briggs & Stratton or an OPE specific filter from FRAM, Wix, etc.

The O'Reilly equivalent would be MGL51348. As others said, the FRAM PH3614 or SuperTech ST3614 will also work as long as you have clearance. Anything that cross references to these should be fine.

Back