Fram EG with no ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
....If I remember it correctly i was told if the filter is not side wise or upside down thent he car dosent need a ADBV Since the filter is mounted strigt up....

Deciphering the comment. Basically saying that if the filter is mounted vertically thread/base end up, then it doesn't need an adbv. 'If' that was intended as a generalization, it doesn't hold true. There are many thread/base end up applications that use and spec an adbv. Honda models are one example that come to mind. Mounted thread end up and use an adbv.

As noted in this thread, while Fram uses no adbv in the EG/TG off the shelf applications, most other filter manufacturers do. That includes but not limited to ACDelco which is the OE/OES/OEM provider. The non factory off the shelf equivalent PF61 & E suffix filters use an adbv. And as pictured in this thread, the equivalent Fram Ultra for this application also uses one, a silicone adbv.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
As noted in this thread, while Fram uses no adbv in the EG/TG off the shelf applications

It depends on the vehicle the filter is used for. All the Frams in this video have valves.

Took me a few times to read it (and see how it described the drawing), but your explanation makes sense. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That drawing is showing how the oil flows backwards through the filter when the engine is off and the filter is above the sump oil level, and the ADBV leaks.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
As noted in this thread, while Fram uses no adbv in the EG/TG off the shelf applications.......(added rest of quote for context)...most other filter manufacturers do. That includes but not limited to ACDelco which is the OE/OES/OEM provider. The non factory off the shelf equivalent PF61 & E suffix filters use an adbv. And as pictured in this thread, the equivalent Fram Ultra for this application also uses one, a silicone adbv.

It depends on the vehicle the filter is used for......

The follow up comment to my previous post(s) using the words "as noted in this thread" refer ONLY to the specific 'topic' application, the PH/TG 9837. It wasn't meant to imply any other application(s), and thus the comparison to the specific ACDelco PF61 and PF61E equivalents for this Fram application.

Obviously most spin on filter applications use an adbv no matter the filter orientation. The difference as the topic states, is in EG/TG for 'this' application Fram uses none. Hope that better clarifies the previous point.

Yes................ "Drain Back".... get it?

Originally Posted By: paulri
Took me a few times to read it (and see how it described the drawing), but your explanation makes sense. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That drawing is showing how the oil flows backwards through the filter when the engine is off and the filter is above the sump oil level, and the ADBV leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back