Found my old BMW. Totaled....

Wow, never did I think my old BMW would be deemed totaled. I still remember the VIN number of the car. I ran the carfax last week and it showed it was in a rear accident last month.

I looked up the VIN on Google today and found it on an auction site.

Sold it a year ago with 77k~ miles on it. Has 91k now. Jesus, they drove it a lot

Link to the listing I posted here when I was selling it:https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829732

I guess they changed the wheels and that's it.

Last edited:
Wow & Ouch! Though 71K miles it was probably mechanically totaled before the accident happened.
Nah, I had everything replaced on it. VCG, OPG, and front control arms, I had done. Plugs and coils I did. OFHG, serpentine belt, and tensioner the previous owner did. New tires maybe 1000 miles before I sold it.

Babied that thing. I got offered stupid money for it so I let it go to a fellow E90 forum member.

I feel your pain. My first car was a 65 Mustang convertible. I kept the car in ultra pristine condition. After seven years I sold it to a guy who was going to gift it to his son. His son turned out to be a jerk who did not respect the gift. About four months in he totaled it. So sorry I sold the car to that guy.

Wow & Ouch! Though 71K miles it was probably mechanically totaled before the accident happened.

My son has an older BMW-they are very unpredictable once they start pushing 100,000 miles. So yea-I can be in the middle of absolute no where in Utah-wouldn't want to be driving one with any miles over 100,000. There are so many hoses, etc. that go bad on these things it's not funny.

I feel your pain. My first car was a 65 Mustang convertible. I kept the car in ultra pristine condition. After seven years I sold it to a guy who was going to gift it to his son. His son turned out to be a jerk who did not respect the gift. About four months in he totaled it. So sorry I sold the car to that guy.
The thing is, I almost backed out of the deal the day the forum member was catching a flight to pick the car up(he lives out in Ohio). I was shaking and stuff because I wasn't 100% on selling the car. But, my used car manager told me I'd never get my asking price if the market dropped. I got $13k for the car.

My original plan was to get into an M3 and fix up the E90 (the wheels were a little curbed so getting the wheels refinished and getting some small dents removed).

He brought the car for his daughter who was off to college. I should've told him I'm keeping the car if you're giving it to your daughter.

My son has an older BMW-they are very unpredictable once they start pushing 100,000 miles. So yea-I can be in the middle of absolute no where in Utah-wouldn't want to be driving one with any miles over 100,000. There are so many hoses, etc. that go bad on these things it's not funny.
The first owner and I had fixed everything that could go wrong on the N52. The only thing that was running on bought time was the water pump I'd say.

But if the water pump is on its way out on the E90, you can use a scanner to scan for hidden fault codes for the water pump.

The first owner and I had fixed everything that could go wrong on the N52. The only thing that was running on bought time was the water pump I'd say.

But if the water pump is on its way out on the E90, you can use a scanner to scan for hidden fault codes for the water pump.
That's a very naïve statement.

That's a very naïve statement.
They are fairly reliable as far as BMWs are concerned. The weak points and their fixes are well documented. I used to drive mine daily 100+ miles without issue. There are a few members of the E90 forum with 350k and 400k+ miles. If you actually open the hood once in a while and look under the car once a year you will spot issues way ahead of when they can leave you stranded.

The newer turbo ones would scare me outside of warranty. Miles of hoses and plastic parts with zero room to work. I helped a friend change a charge pipe on his F30 335xi, and my arms looked like I was attacked by a rabid badger afterward.

Wow, never did I think my old BMW would be deemed totaled. I still remember the VIN number of the car. I ran the carfax last week and it showed it was in a rear accident last month.

I looked up the VIN on Google today and found it on an auction site.

Sold it a year ago with 77k~ miles on it. Has 91k now. Jesus, they drove it a lot

Link to the listing I posted here when I was selling it:https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829732

I guess they changed the wheels and that's it.
That's not totalled that provided no undercarriage damage should fix up easily

Back