Forgive me BITOG for I have sinned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by redhat
Forgive me BITOG for I have sinned.

There was a real hard sell of BG products oil additive that'll cover everything under the sun just as long as that magical excelsior is in the crank. With a stern fact I said "No!".

Two pages in this thread and I'm still trying to figure out what "BG" means.
Is it that hard to type out the two words?
OMG!

I think the two words represented by BG are: wallet lightener...

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by redhat
Forgive me BITOG for I have sinned.

There was a real hard sell of BG products oil additive that'll cover everything under the sun just as long as that magical excelsior is in the crank. With a stern fact I said "No!".

Two pages in this thread and I'm still trying to figure out what "BG" means.
Is it that hard to type out the two words?
OMG!

Its not an acronym, it is the name of the company -- BG Products, the oil additive company. BG Products is the whole actual name.

Also, checked the oil level cold today. Right below the full dot on the stick. Perfect, just how I like it.

When I worked in the express lube I was obsessive about having that oil level exactly at the full line. It always bugged me how you could fill it with exactly the capacity that engine called for and one engine would be half a qt low and the next one completely full. I had a few slightly obsessive customers that kept coming back or would hunt me down because they knew I would take care of their car.

If it was an old rust bucket and it had some areas of the underbody or brake lines getting badly crusted I would spray them quickly with oil to try to keep them going a bit longer.

Last edited:
There's no excuse for having someone else changing your oil, snow or not! Man up and do it yourself!
spankme2.gif
LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1
There's no excuse for having someone else changing your oil, snow or not! Man up and do it yourself!
spankme2.gif
LOL.

+1 I agree.

I had a quick lube change the oil on my 87 Cutlass 16 years ago when I was going to college in the winter and changing it in the snowy cold driveway after dark wasn't easy. I was terrified while they worked on it and scared they'd over tighten the filter or plug and I'd not be able to get it off next oil change. Consequently nobody else ever changed the oil on that car but me. Despite the fact that they didn't mess it up. I'm very particular and can't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back