Ford lug nuts

I guess Ford uses some cheap lugnuts . I just ran into 2 stripped lugnuts on one wheel and 1 stripped lugnut on another wheel of a Fusion ...... so I'm looking three new ones myself .
A lot of brands seem to do it this way these days. The ones that do standard lugs with plastic caps seems like a much better solution. My GTO had that and were basically identical to the ones Audi used at the time. My Fords use the capped ones, along with Lincoln(obviously), Jaguar(still not surprised for the Ford connection), and I seem to remember other GMs like this. My Tesla has standard lugs with caps like the GTO and I've never messed with the GTI wheels myself but it looks to have plastic caps too.

I have a Dorman lock actuator coming today.. but if I'm not mistaken, I had a friend of mine tell me, Dorman actually manufactured lock actuators for several auto manufacturers.
That may be the chicken and the egg....

when OEMs decide to stop making something, they may sell the rights/blueprints to someone like Dorman....along with any remaining stock.

For awhile people are getting Ford parts with the logo ground off (but it's obvious) in a Dorman box and think they've stumbled on a great deal. BUT of course once the OEM stock is exhausted you start getting Chicom copies.

I had this exact experience on pdl actuators for an '09 Focus.

Mcgard doesn't even have an application to fit my vehicle..
Wow according to RA you've just got 1/2-20 (I would have bet on M12 or M14 for a '13 Ford)

So, if you're ok with 3/4" hex the 64010 should get you there. It looks like the 64000 should get you a 13/16" hex and thus you could also use 21mm

Do verify my info before spending your $

The main thing might be needing to update your tool kit to have the appropriate size for a roadside change.

What say BITOG? Am I mistaken?

Wow according to RA you've just got 1/2-20 (I would have bet on M12 or M14 for a '13 Ford)

So, if you're ok with 3/4" hex the 64010 should get you there. It looks like the 64000 should get you a 13/16" hex and thus you could also use 21mm

Do verify my info before spending your $

The main thing might be needing to update your tool kit to have the appropriate size for a roadside change.

What say BITOG? Am I mistaken?
Thank you. I did see that. They were telling me it was going to bottom out, before hitting the wheel.. 🤷‍♂️

go on the dorman website and confirm the exact part number for your car. For the escape there are two types, if you have steel wheel or aluminum. I ordered the set from rockauto for about 80 bucks.

go on the dorman website and confirm the exact part number for your car. For the escape there are two types, if you have steel wheel or aluminum. I ordered the set from rockauto for about 80 bucks.
I don't have an Escape, I have an Edge

I've also ordered from lugnutguys.com before. This was for a friend's square body GM but quality seemed fine, however I can't speak to longevity.

They're quite inexpensive. Putting your Edge in seems to bring up Mustang results?

You know anything about the quality?
I've ordered from them before. I didn't see anything lacking with their product. I like that they give good detail on the dimensions.

If your original lug nuts are the style with a stainless steel cap, there are pros and cons to this design. The cap is corrosion resistant and looks good, but they get beat up from use. And the nut still corrodes under the cap and bulges, sometimes to the point where the lug wrench in your kit won't fit over the lug nut. I usually switch them to a chromed lug nut, which will still pit and corrode with time. You really can't win.

I've ordered from them before. I didn't see anything lacking with their product. I like that they give good detail on the dimensions.

If your original lug nuts are the style with a stainless steel cap, there are pros and cons to this design. The cap is corrosion resistant and looks good, but they get beat up from use. And the nut still corrodes under the cap and bulges, sometimes to the point where the lug wrench in your kit won't fit over the lug nut. I usually switch them to a chromed lug nut, which will still pit and corrode with time. You really can't win.
That's what I thought these were solid lug nuts, from that site.. probably just going to go with the Dorman OE fix from RockAuto.. either that or Gorilla.

Back