Ford - Buy back or replacement (new vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is legal to record the conversation do so.

I’ve had one bought back though not a Ford and a long time ago. It was a pain in the rear and unpleasant but I came out in good shape...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Lemon laws differ from state to state. Don't expect credible answers from John Smith a 1000 miles away.

Yep. Don't forget the Lemon Law forces you to jump through many hoops.

And before 20 people on BITOG say to hire a lawyer, it's not that easy...

Don't hire a lawyer, marry a lawyer!!

OP - have you been able to determine where and when the hail damage occurred? If it occurred after the vehicle was delivered to the dealership, I can't imagine Ford is going to do much of anything. Why would they buy back a vehicle that was damaged through no fault of their own, and in the possession of the dealer, an independent franchise? If it was damaged before it was delivered to the dealer, than you might have a chance of recourse with Ford, but if not, I think you'd have to pursue it against the dealership.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Lemon laws differ from state to state. Don't expect credible answers from John Smith a 1000 miles away.

Just don't ever get divorced then, yikes.

stock- I'm sorry to read of your issues. What a nightmare. Thing is, I'm struggling to understand how this would be Ford Motor Company's problem and not the selling dealership's problem?

Yeah, it sounds like a stretch. Probably doesn't qualify under lemon law, but those vary by state so who knows. Probably just consumer law against unfair/deceptive trade practices so you probably have to go after the dealer.

Originally Posted By: JTK
stock- I'm sorry to read of your issues. What a nightmare. Thing is, I'm struggling to understand how this would be Ford Motor Company's problem and not the selling dealership's problem?

Dunno know bro, hence my questions, dealership is taking the 5th, 6th, 7th, actually tried to blame me.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
OP - have you been able to determine where and when the hail damage occurred? If it occurred after the vehicle was delivered to the dealership, I can't imagine Ford is going to do much of anything. Why would they buy back a vehicle that was damaged through no fault of their own, and in the possession of the dealer, an independent franchise? If it was damaged before it was delivered to the dealer, than you might have a chance of recourse with Ford, but if not, I think you'd have to pursue it against the dealership.

I agree, it should not be on me to figure it out, I paid for a brand new vehicle, dealer is an auth dealer of Ford, bonafide. One should not expected a brand new vehicle to have damages.

It will be interesting to hear what Ford has to say tomorrow.

Just don't ever get divorced then, yikes.

My older sister charges $500 an hour, I ask her for legal advice when I need it since its free.

Sounds to me this is the dealership's problem, not the manufacturer.

Just cuz you are a lawyer does not you are smart, lol
I have no problem marrying a lawyer :)

The IRS mileage rate is not appropriate for a "use rate" as the IRS rate includes the cost of fuel. Fuel that you have already paid for and don't need to pay for again. At 20MPG, and $2:50/gal is $13c/mi.

A better rate per mile might be (up to) about 25c/mile, which is right in line with the cost per mile of any mile over the maximum, in a typical lease.

Originally Posted By: stockrex

Just cuz you are a lawyer does not you are smart, lol
I have no problem marrying a lawyer :)

And don't go for any old lawyer. Go for Asst. Attorney General.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
The IRS mileage rate is not appropriate for a "use rate" as the IRS rate includes the cost of fuel. Fuel that you have already paid for and don't need to pay for again. At 20MPG, and $2:50/gal is $13c/mi.

A better rate per mile might be (up to) about 25c/mile, which is right in line with the cost per mile of any mile over the maximum, in a typical lease.

Exactly, a good comparable would be the costs of miles in a lease. If you get 12k miles/year in a lease and pay $300/month, that's what, $0.30/mile?

So if they want to charge what seems to be an outrageous per mile cost, compare it to the current lease offerings for that vehicle.

I agree, it should not be on me to figure it out, I paid for a brand new vehicle, dealer is an auth dealer of Ford, bonafide. One should not expected a brand new vehicle to have damages.

It will be interesting to hear what Ford has to say tomorrow.

Yes, the dealer is an authorized reseller, however they are still an independent franchisee. The vehicle was titled in the dealer's name, correct? Thus the transaction is between the dealer and you. I can't see Ford taking the hit, when there is no evidence they are at fault. I think you're going after the wrong party. But, I hope you get somewhere, you're right that you paid for a new vehicle not a damaged one. But since you're the person seeking restitution, the onus will be on you to provide evidence of who is at fault. I think you're letting the dealer off too easily because they aren't cooperating. And this is in no way a lemon law case.

According to Michigan lemon law, it's defined as:

A defective vehicle is one in which the same problem has not been repaired after four attempts, or a vehicle that is out of service 30 days or more for repairs.

It doesn't sound like the OP qualifies. It also mentions a reasonable allowance for the use of the vehicle. I think in my state it's calculated based on the purchase price, a 20k vehicle is 20 cents per mile and a 50k vehicle is 50 cents per mile.

Thanks guys, from what I read and my discussion with atty, everything is negotiable.

I will give the Ford lady a call in a few hours after my morning conf calls. I will record the conversation, Ford is/was recording the conversation, at the end i will ask her to send me an email or letter with the basis of the decision they give and appeal process if it does not go my way.

I read a few threads on freeadvice forum that even if they will buy it back, they try to pull a fast one on the fees and other $$$ stuff.

From what I have read the Ford KC plant was hit by hail around April of 2016, right around when my van was made.

From what I have read the Ford KC plant was hit by hail around April of 2016, right around when my van was made.

Now that's an interesting tidbit of information. Maybe this is something they're aware of.

Update:
Ford - Vehicle is not authorized for buy back per state lemon law.
Contact dealer to repair vehicle.
I asked - what about the diminished value of vehicle?
No answer. I asked for written statement for denial of repurchase, she said they don't do such. What the

Then offered to email me, wow, talk about deceptive practices.

Anyway, kinda [censored] right now. Not sure why, I did not expect Ford to step up to the plate.

Thinking about next steps,

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back