Ford 6.2L oil consumption

back in the day I had an Expedition with the 5.4. bought it with 70k miles on it
it used a quart of oil every 1500 miles right up until the point I sold the thing and it had 227k miles on it.

oil is cheap. :)

You could just switch brands. Did it ever consume any oil prior to this? Valvoline EP 5w30 is on the thicker side. They don't give Noack, but I suspect it would be pretty good at around 7-9% if I had to guess. VI is low, HT/HS is 3.2 for this oil. Then again, Noack doesn't correlate to oil consumption all that well which is why they're revising the test for GF-7.
I’ve always changed my oil as close to 5K miles as possible and it’s always been close to full at the 5K mile mark. I’ve used a lot of QS, MC and a few runs with RL

i just noticed my 6.0 vortec down a quart at the end of the last two 6500 mile OCIs. 105k miles on it now, started abt same mileage as yours.

more than likely both of our oil consumption developed slowly and we finally just noticed it ...

i just noticed my 6.0 vortec down a quart at the end of the last two 6500 mile OCIs. 105k miles on it now, started abt same mileage as yours.

more than likely both of our oil consumption developed slowly and we finally just noticed it ...
About to do another OC soon not sure what brand. I’d like to do another Valvoline just to compare but I’d also like to go back and do another QS run to see what happens

About to do another OC soon not sure what brand. I’d like to do another Valvoline just to compare but I’d also like to go back and do another QS run to see what happens
i just switched to QSHM full synthetic 5w-30, had been using supertech. Doubt it will change anything, just changed because the supertech doesnt seem to be such a great value anymore and the QS is more widely available if I need to top off on a road trip or something.

Pulled my OC records to check my oil choices over the 93k plus miles
I used QS 6 times, RGT 3, RL 3, MC 3, Valvoline 3 for a rounded up average of 5200 miles an oil change
Looks like QS probably needs to be my go to oil

Back