Forced to go from door handles to knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people always think they know better. They even think they know all the details about my house, my doors, and everything else.

Always with the assumptions, and with the topics veering into unintended directions. It's really comical. The entryway to my house has an outer forced entry rated security door that is normally closed. Once through that door we take off our shoes and jackets, coats etc, then proceed through the inner door into the foyer. I don't need or want the bit of insolation a standard screen offers. The door from the house to the garage is also a security door. The door from the garage to the backyard is the one the cat might use to escape if he makes it first into the garage. Well, not any longer. And kitty has plenty full length windows to stare at the birdies in the trees.

Originally Posted by PimTac
So there is no question here, just a statement?

Get used to the cat.

Did you see me asking a question? No, I didn't ask for advice anywhere in this thread. That doesn't mean people can't make suggestions or ask for details. But there's a difference between doing so and just presuming to know better than anybody else. And clearly I am getting used to the quirks of this cat. That's my third cat, not counting the two we had when I was growing up, and they're all very different with interesting skills, likes, and dislikes.

I'm not such a fan of those things myself. I'm 6'1" tall and that makes me just the wrong height. Those levers just love to slide right into a belt loop just like magicðŸ¤. It's pretty rough on the door knob too as I bump it open with an armload of goodies which slaps me and the door together. I must be cursedðŸ¤

Now see, I'm not saying you must be using door handles improperly because I'm not familiar with your particular circumstances but what you describe has never happened to me. What's happened on rare occasions is that a handle got caught in a wide cuff of a long sleeve shirt. I do like the extra safety a handle offers over a knob. Ever notice that in public buildings handles are standard? That's for safety reasons.

My Tigger was the ultimate predator. I lived in a rural area on an acre lot, surrounded by open spaces, some of which was overgrown. Tigger always had ample food and water, but almost completely ignored it. Tigger would hunt daily, and bring the carcasses home for us. He laid the remains of squirrels, mice, lizards, birds, chickens, and a host of other assorted small critters right on the front door step.
33.gif
One day Tigger had a bad cough. He actually looked scared. We caught him and carefully opened his mouth. A chicken feather was lodged in his throat. Bad Cat! LOL!

Funniest thing was when a new neighbor moved in next door. In the horse corral that bordered our back yard, he brought in a few pygmy goats. Tigger was slinking through a strip of high grass between the corral and my yard, stealthily stalking the goats, just like a small lion in the jungle. As I watched this hunt play out, he finally was spotted by the goats at the last minute. The goats started to BAAA-BAAA at him, and approached him wanting to play. Tigger slinked away mad that he wasn't taken seriously by the goats, who outweighed him by a lot. At age 15 years, a vicious possum finally did him in. He happily hunted til the end. I miss my old cat.

Our rescue puppy figured out our handles at 8 months. Sooooooo she lets herself into rooms or the basement or wherever quite independently.
We changed out a few to ones that lock to cut down on the shenanigans! (especially the pantries!!)

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back