Flooded Ferraris showing up on Copart.

Yeah and unfortunately it seems like the state of Florida more or less gives flooded vehicles a "Certificate of destruction". Unfortunately that usually requires the vehicle be exported or scrapped. It can take huge hoops to retitle it as salvage in other states. Some flood cars can be made to run fine.

Yeah and unfortunately it seems like the state of Florida more or less gives flooded vehicles a "Certificate of destruction". Unfortunately that usually requires the vehicle be exported or scrapped. It can take huge hoops to retitle it as salvage in other states. Some flood cars can be made to run fine.
There are only two states in the USA that let a certificate of destruction get a titile. Washington is one, the second state slips my mind- I think I know the second state but don't want to post the state until validated.

Buyer Beware. :devilish:

We arrived in Florida Saturday right in the heart of Ian’s path in Port Charlotte. On our trip into the state the number of lineman trucks and used cars haulers traveling north were staggering. It was heartwarming to see the service trucks driving north having been here to help the community. The used cars made me shutter. Make sure you get the carfax!

Just my $0.02

There are only two states in the USA that let a certificate of destruction get a titile. Washington is one, the second state slips my mind- I think I know the second state but don't want to post the state until validated.
It might be Kansas. Tyler Hoover's Ferrari 355 caught fire and was issued a certificate of destruction. I think Tavarish was able to re-title it from what I heard.

The problem with flood cars, especially salt water, is that the electronics can be counted on to fail. I wouldnt touch a flood car unless I was looking for hard parts and rust wasnt an issue.

Paco

My FIL said they were stacking flooded Ferraris on top of one another at the Naples dealer as they got towed there. He said the tow truck driver told him Ferrari didn’t want the cars back out in the market or even the parts being resold. I’m not sure how that works as typically the insurance company owns the salvage once they pay the owner and bank.

Vermont. At least they did 10 years ago when I took a 9 miles on the odometer 2012 Chevy Cruze up there.

Back