Destroyed 429 Mustang

Not sure if he’d dropped off other cars … but that’s a really high CG without other cars in the lower positions …
Look at that picture again.
He is sitting still with his ramps down on the trailer.

Otherwise I had the same though.
Down here, that car would have been right above the trailer wheels if it was alone.

Reactions: 4WD
Accident cause unknown. Who knows (at this point), but bummer all the same.

In the 4th photo, is that Ford overheating?

Ugh that's the worst. Yeah, I agree with the comments about where it was on the trailer, but judging from the pictures it looks like other vehicles were involved, so no way of knowing if the transporting vehicle was at fault.

Accident cause unknown. Who knows (at this point), but bummer all the same.

In the 4th photo, is that Ford overheating?
Not to change the subject but did a 500 mile trip via Interstate highways and saw 2 recent model Ford pick-ups on fire. Two different times and places. Both towing. Is there a problem with these Fords? One guy had just raised the hood and flames were coming out and he was running away as I went by. It would have been burned up by the time a fire dept got there.

those photos dont match. even if it is the same car.

the parked truck/trailer are not on the same stretch of road as the multi-vehicle accident.

and that's a later in the year '71 mach 1
very nice looking
i really like the grabber blue
not as fast as my '71 BOSS 351 in V - light pewter

those photos dont match. even if it is the same car.

the parked truck/trailer are not on the same stretch of road as the multi-vehicle accident.

and that's a later in the year '71 mach 1
very nice looking
i really like the grabber blue
not as fast as my '71 BOSS 351 in V - light pewter

The photo with the vehicle on the trailer is probably taken by the seller in NY as proof of vehicle condition and that it was loaded. Notice that the photo contains a sign which says "Dean Pkwy 800 ft". If you Google map Brennan Auto Body (Rochester NY) you'll see that sign and the parking lot from which the photo was taken.

As for the accident I don't recognize the LEO at the scene as being one anywhere near Dawsonville GA.

Last edited:
Someone cheaped out to save a few bucks. Something like this would have never happened if he used a company like passport, mecum or other to deliver it in an enclosed semi van.
The guy who purchased my GTX did the same thing. Cheaped out on the transport, it stressed me out but technically the car was no longer mine.
Anytime I ship a car I pay extra to use one of the higher end enclosed trailer companies. No that they can't have accidents as well, they just seem more professional and careful with the cars.

MVIMG_20190710_092838.jpg

Back