Flood replacement -- 2017 Ford Fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.
One early problem with the Ford DCT, it originally had faulty seals that leaked fluid onto the clutch plates. To get to the seal the transmission had to be torn down completely with special tools, and when reassembled there is also a relearning procedure for the computer. If the dealer techs were taking shortcuts the reassembly could cause even more issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJnNPbjjjs

Watch a tech tear one down to fix the seal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
If they were THAT bad, I don't think Ford would be selling them year after year.

They are so bad Ford is doing a buy back of 2014 - 2016 Fiesta and 2012 - 2016 Focus. They exclude 2017 and forward because it is assumed the information is out about the problems now. Google focus fiesta class action lawsuit.

The fun started early for my 2016 Focus. The Fiesta and Focus were my first 2 Ford's and the Dealer told me they were not the same transmission now I'm part of 2 class action lawsuits against Ford instead of 1. Ford, Never Again.

Last edited:
Sorry about your cars man.

Don't worry you have warranty. It will be fine.
Not every car has the same problems as other ones. You may never have any problems.

I have always had GM stuff and except for the intake gasket fiasco, I have not had any of the problems the folks here at BITOG describe.
To listen to some of the folks here my GM stuff should have exploded and took out half the planet years ago based of what their cousin's uncle's brother's car did.
smile.gif

Enjoy and drive the new car. If or when something happens worry about it then.

Thanks to all with words of encouragement. In SE TX, we are still trying to recover from a massive flood that has never been seen since Biblical times. Destruction is still all around us, and I have not only lost my two family cars but was also displaced from my home, which is still under repairs.

The new Fiesta was a ray of sunshine breaking through at the end of a horrifically bad month. The last thing I needed was to hear that the Trans in my new car is a ticking time bomb.

Congrats on the new car! It should serve you well. I remember hearing about a 2011 Fiesta with 743k miles on it. The trans went 347k. I think the car will be fine. Who knows how certain cars are treated that have trans failures.

Link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back