Fixing computers remotely over the 'net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Oh, it's a download like VNC or PC Anywhere. Their pay-for version is just done via a web browser; makes support from anywhere to anyone an absolute breeze.

The computer that you want to control has to download the LogMeIn control that connects to the LogMeIn Server. The person that wants to do the controlling just has to log into their LogMeIn account and click on the PC that you want to control. It works good for connecting to my work PC that is behind a firewall that I have no control over. It is able to go through the firewall since the controlled PC is making an outbound connection. At home I just use port forwarding and Remote Desktop.

That's because they use a server in the middle and so the connection is initiated at both ends by the client computers and then the server connects them together.

No UPNP, no port forwarding, and no [censored]. It just "works".

I have found RealVNC Enterprise to be a substantially better product than TightVNC. I've used both to manager servers over the last number of years. Of course the catch is that it is not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back