First tow in the truck.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
WAY BETTER than expected. It really destroys the old 1 ton. That 10 speed is phenomenal. The 6.6 is more than adequate for the trailers I tow. It was only about 50 miles round trip but there are two good sized hills. Where the old truck might see 3800 to 4000 RPM on those hills to go 60, this one didn't hit 2700 RPM. Really quiet as compared to my last two GM trucks. Brakes are the best in any truck I have driven. I am really happy with it. It has certainly grown on me. One thing I don't like is the extra "nanny" features this truck has over the last one. Like you have to have the seat belt on to move it, so I disabled that feature as it sucks for moving the trailers around. I don't like the electronic tailgate handle. Seems weird they would think I need that. The interior is really roomy. Didn't think I would like the short bed but it works. Here it is at Trunk or Treat. We gave out about 1500 dollars worth of candy! Picked up the Nerf bars from a guy who took them off his new Duramax. 200 bucks for basically brand new GM take offs.
tow.jpg

Is that a piece for a parade?
Yep, I was on submarines and I am member of the local Submarine Veterans. I store, tow and maintain our parade float. It has an operational diving alarm and running lights. I painted the trailer, it was red. Re-did the deck and fixed all the wiring. Someone built the conning tower and installed it. It is a replica of the USS Bonefish conning tower. It was lost in WWII with all hands.
float.png

That's one of the best looking GM trucks I've seen and I don't like most of them but the color and how you optioned it makes it a super looking truck!
Thanks. It looked much nicer than the white 1 ton I was looking at.

Let us know after 50000 or 100000 miles how it does
What a great thing to say to a guy about his new truck. Bet you kick dogs.

The color matched grill and black bumper really tones down the interesting front end and it looks like it got a little refresh too.

Glad you like it, the 6.6 has some grunt. Do you miss the old truck as much?

What a great thing to say to a guy about his new truck. Bet you kick dogs.

The color matched grill and black bumper really tones down the interesting front end and it looks like it got a little refresh too.

Glad you like it, the 6.6 has some grunt. Do you miss the old truck as much?
I don't not miss the 6.0 at all. I will say on a few of the Facebook 6.6 boards there are guys with 2020-2022 trucks with 100,000 to 200,000 miles on them already with no complaints. I am not worried as the L8T is LT1 based, with the things they learned from the 6.0.

There is always that one guy... :)

It really is, I love the front end and color, the wheels and running boards really complete the look. For trucks, it's tough to beat GM.
My only experience with the 6.6 was in a rental box van pulling a car trailer. I loved that motor!

That is a beautiful truck!
Best part about, and it was not my intention, is it matches the parade float.

Back