My poor truck

Wow, amazing, and with where you live I am not surprised.

Yeah, here there is no accountability.

Someone hit my friends 89 Corvette in a parking lot. The guy had no insurance on his 90s Bronco. My friend called the police, and they basically told him to screw off and didn't have time for him. Despite the accident location being two blocks from the police station. That was in San Rafael, not even Vallejo.

Think so? Not here.
Undoubtedly correct. A former Cali resident I know told me that in his opinion, California has a two tier system of justice. The dividing line is whether or not you have a checking accoun. If you have a checking account, California officials are happy to fine you $500 if you let your grass grow too long but if you don't have a checking account, you can get away with almost anything without repercussions.

Does not look like it. Doors are straight and open fine.
As much as it sucks to have that happen but with no frame damage it is a straightforward repair just use OE parts new or even OE used in perfect shape. If you do the job once the damage is stripped away, I bet it isn't much even the hood looks okay except maybe for a tweaked latch..

As much as it sucks to have that happen but with no frame damage it is a straightforward repair just use OE parts new or even OE used in perfect shape. If you do the job once the damage is stripped away, I bet it isn't much even the hood looks okay except maybe for a tweaked latch..
I think you are right. I hope so. It has larger cooler, pml trans pan, tune, Bilstien 5100s and some other touches

He may not have deliberately caused this, but negligence can still be a factor. Very few people intentionally crash into other cars “on purpose”. Failure to drive reasonably. Failure to exercise care. These cause crashes without anyone crashing “on purpose”.

Texting while driving may not be “on purpose”, but it is still negligence.

Negligence, fault, and liability, are related.
I couldnt agree more. The term accident is so overworked. It implies that both parties did everything in their power (including having the correct documentation) to prevent duress to the other parties property and their peace of mind. Driving into another’s property recklessly (4tickets) without the proper documentation is NOT an accident, it’s a reckless collision. Infuriating.

I think you are right. I hope so. It has larger cooler, pml trans pan, tune, Bilstien 5100s and some other touches
It is a nice truck and you have the skills to make it right. Personally I would get whatever I could out of the insurance and keep the truck then have at it. Just a quick look around it looks like under 3k in OE parts and get the fender painted.

I was thinking like @Trav . If no frame damage it's just bolting on new parts.

But perhaps OP does not have the time. And while I've done this several times it was always on older stuff that needed to be good from afar but far from good. I can understand striving for near-perfection on something nicer like this truck, which is where a skilled body shop might do better

Mike, can you post a picture of the driver's side if you can? @dan_erickson if he sees this.
20230831_112756.jpg

Even heavy duty trucks the frames are meant to give in a collision. I'm thinking the passenger frame rail has probably been pushed back a little bit. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this on modern trucks. New frame if that happens.

Even heavy duty trucks the frames are meant to give in a collision. I'm thinking the passenger frame rail has probably been pushed back a little bit. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this on modern trucks. New frame if that happens.
I dont think it even really touched the frame. It did crumple the sub structure under the passenger fender

I dont think it even really touched the frame. It did crumple the sub structure under the passenger fender
I did one hit almost just like this a few years ago, the front frame rails are replaceable and much of the inner fender is part of the fender itself. Up here these truck are use in snow plow duty and the can be subjected to some big hits with an idiot driver. The front part of the frame is designed to be replaced.

Check these out and see if these have the damage you are seeing.

Back