My poor truck

"No Drivers License, where I live, he would be going to Jail with what he did."

I worked with a guy who killed a guy driving drunk. Had he gone to jail, his family would've gone on welfare.

Can you say, "Provisional Driver's License"?

ps I'd see him sucking down beers on the highway on the way to work. ....why it's so easy to get populations angry and resentful.

They are talking frame replacement and 2 to 3 months. Truck will never be right again.
This may actually be the best possible case. There’s no bending, repair and alignment on an entirely new frame. Everything should line up to the straight metal. I’d rather have that than one that’s been bent twice, once in the wreck and another after. One possible inconvenience might be introduction of squeaks/rattles if the assembly isn’t right, but since it’s a truck I’d bet the transplant of the front, cab and bed would be better than reconstructing a unibody.

This may actually be the best possible case. There’s no bending, repair and alignment on an entirely new frame. Everything should line up to the straight metal. I’d rather have that than one that’s been bent twice, once in the wreck and another after. One possible inconvenience might be introduction of squeaks/rattles if the assembly isn’t right, but since it’s a truck I’d bet the transplant of the front, cab and bed would be better than reconstructing a unibody.
I hope you are right. I worry about the electrical and drive train swap.

What made you choose the body shop that you chose? That's what I'm curious about.
I was over 2 hours from home. The get good reviews and are USAA approved, however I talke with them today and they are going to try and get it moved up this way about 10 minutes from house. I won't know until next week.

Can tell you what would happen when I was a Trooper.
At fault driver would get loaded up with as many cites as I could dream up. Reg, insurance, license, no wind on the windshield, no gloves in the glove box, failure to top off blinker fluid. Vehicle would be towed and stored. Release from storage required current registration and proof of insurance. So basically the driver would be without a car because IF they complied with the requirements to get the car back it would have been in storage for so long that the storage fees would be more than the vehicle was worth.
Does that do anything for the person who got hit? No. But it is an expensive lesson and takes at least one menace off the road.
Have you applied to be a BITOG Moderator? 😁

I hope you are right. I worry about the electrical and drive train swap.
They engineer things so the factory can align everything in 55 seconds with high school graduates gunning the bolts in. I would worry about brittle connectors if this were a 15 year old truck but the plastic should still be flexible now. And they put the main connections in places that make sense for factory assembly, as anyone who's done a modern powertrain swap would tell you. Breathe, it'll be fine.

Back