Few ounces of motor oil in transmission - HELP

Need to multiply by 100 to get %. It's 0.317%. Still less than 1% and I wouldn't worry about it.
It is 0.003 it less than 1 percent….

Like I said…

I know about the multiplication part but t care about the multiplying part… because I actually understand what and how percentages can be expressed either way IF you know how to actually do that.

And I do.

To me would be greater than 0.0074 or 0.0085 … Would be close to 1 percent.

At 0.0031 … aka 00.31 percent To me … that is well less than one percent. But that is just me.
It's approximately 30 parts in 10,000, which is the same as 3 parts in 1000.

3 parts in 10 = 30%

3 parts in 100 = 3%

3 parts in 1000 = 0.3%
Ummm...

Screenshot_20230622-093744_Chrome.jpg

Sure seems like .317%

Maybe a drain and fill or two. Don't want motor oil in your (automatic) trans fluid.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Allisons, (which don't look all that much different from any other automatic), just a bit larger, have always been validated on engine oils and Dexron, mostly because large fleets and especially the military, want to limit the number of fluids they need to have available for maintenance logistics. This validation included 0W20 PAO base synthetic and 15W40 petroleum base engine oils. I can't speak for Toyota, but I'd bet your trans will be fine.

I was in a rush, and accidentally put maybe 1 to 2 tablespoons max of oil into transmission fluid through the port where the measuring stick goes.

I did not start the car, so it would not have circulated through the transmission. Am I safe to simply drain and remove the pan, clean it, and let it drip out, or must I do a flush, even though I did not start the car?

Will the fluid have gotten into anywhere else other than the pan after putting it into the port where I slide the dipstick?

I drive a 2012 Toyota Corolla LE.

Am I screwed royally, or will draining and cleaning drain pan save me?

It was a super tiny amount. Any advice helpful. I'm freaking out here.
Take a DEEP breath and dont worry about it... You will be fine...Just say three hail marys and two our fathers... :)

I’m thinking about levels of freaking out. I forgot to drain the reservoir on my BMW doing all 4 brakes, so some fluid overflowed and went down the fender and a puddle was on the driveway. Brake fluid and paint are like ketchup on a Chicago dog.

I truly freaked out but still acted quickly and decisively. 800 CASH4CARZ came and within 2 days my ruined car was promptly crushed. There is always light at the end of the tunnel peeps.

I just wonder how many of the guys who say everything will be okay with a couple of spoons of motor oil in Toyota ATF would be freaking if this had happened to some status-symbol BMW.

"OMG! You got a few drops of motor oil in the BMW ATF? Now it doesn't meet the exacting BMW ATF spec B090 3446 W4A1B! You'll have to junk the transmission! Maybe even the whole car, because it might have messed up the computer!" :LOL:

I just wonder how many of the guys who say everything will be okay with a couple of spoons of motor oil in Toyota ATF would be freaking if this had happened to some status-symbol BMW.

"OMG! You got a few drops of motor oil in the BMW ATF? Now it doesn't meet the exacting BMW ATF spec B090 3446 W4A1B! You'll have to junk the transmission! Maybe even the whole car, because it might have messed up the computer!" :LOL:
Huh

We would of course check to see if those two tablespoons were LL-01 and/or A3/B4, and if so, and it could be properly documented, it is not impossible to be granted a waiver by a peer ownership committee. Would the car offer less prestige than before the incident occurred? Of course it would. Is it something a person can live with? It really depends on the individual. I would definitely just live with it and would keep the waiver in my glovebox and produce when necessary. I didn’t buy the car to have my prestige diminish over s simple error

Back