favorite high mileage oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few companys make these, castrol, penzoil, valvoline, etc
does one perform significantly better than the others, specificly dyno oils
btw I did a search, didnt find much, if its been descused please post up some links!

Quote:
a few companys make these, castrol, penzoil, valvoline, etc

they make el cheapo dino, they make premium dino then they make high milage dino, then they sell ell cheapo synthetic dino, for 3x as much as el cheapo dino.
with so many products of the same stuff how can one really make an educated decision?
flood the market with products/mass adverising, it will sell.

You're going to argue about making an educated decision when you peddle for a company that advertises it's oil can go 25,000 miles regardless of anything else, and uses the 4 ball wear test as evidence of it's superiority?
crackmeup2.gif

Im looking for el cheepo oil, its going in a friends car and he refuses to spend $8 a quart on oil
LOL.gif

I had to twist his arm to replace his worn out thermostat, he caved when it got down to -23*F
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
You're going to argue about making an educated decision when you peddle for a company that advertises it's oil can go 25,000 miles regardless of anything else, and uses the 4 ball wear test as evidence of it's superiority?
crackmeup2.gif

Oh man...
LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Well the subject is high milage oil not what I peddle.
Im sure you have plenty of UOA to show how your vehicles work so well with the lubes of your choice.
I have plenty past UOA to back up my 4 balls worth
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: gofastman
Im looking for el cheepo oil, its going in a friends car and he refuses to spend $8 a quart on oil
LOL.gif

I had to twist his arm to replace his worn out thermostat, he caved when it got down to -23*F
shocked2.gif

what type of vehicle? and wow -23 degrees geez! thats cold!
buying any carbon credits?
crackmeup2.gif

"Im looking for el cheepo oil, its going in a friends car and he refuses to spend $8 a quart on oil "

Well, he's in luck because there are some excellent choices for much less. I'd buy a HM oil from any of those you mentioned, and run 5000 miles in most cars. I'm sure you can find some good UOA's in that section of this website, if you have the time.

Seriously Lazaro, leave your bull [censored] marketing garbage out of threads where people are asking specific questions. It's getting down right ridiculous.

gofastman, if you're dead set on a HM oil, in all honesty, they, along with any SM/GF-4 oil, are all quite similar in terms of performance. Pick one that's on sale.

Originally Posted By: lazaro

The subject line is always something other then Amsoil, and whoooooooop, there you are to tout how everyone is stupid for not using Amsoil.
smirk2.gif

The subject line is always something other then Amsoil, and whoooooooop, there you are to tout how everyone is stupid for not using Amsoil.
smirk2.gif

Drew dont get so brash! its only oil not your taxes!
I know why you are so stuck on oil changes
57.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq3wL8ZXjBU
growing up you saw too many of those commercials
crackmeup2.gif

smirk2.gif

57.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Dude you'd be a great Amsoil spokesman if you knew when to shut up!
18.gif

Originally Posted By: Bambam

smirk2.gif

57.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Dude you'd be a great Amsoil spokesman if you knew when to shut up!
18.gif

36.gif

Pennzoil HM dino is what I am gonna try...

But if he wants "cheap" you can get the house brand HM dino from O'Reilly's or the Wal-mart super-tech HM dino.

Last edited:
The best high mileage oils IMO are:

Valvoline Maxlife Blend
Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic
Valvoline VR-1 Racing Oil
Valvoline Premium Blue (HDMO)
Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme (HDMO synthetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back