Farewell, Nissan Altima

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
The first one I rode in as a kid was a early 90s model. It was super sexy, black and sleek. I came extremely close to buying a brand new 1998 but the engine was a bit rattly for me and I bought a British Racing Green Chrysler Cirrus instead. No real regrets.

I had to look that one up and chuckled at the historical chart.

1693513589735.jpg

Another sedan gets the axe.
I think we may need to phrase this another way; " Another ICE sedan gets the axe". My guess is Nissan is doing this to ready their next gen sedan platform for an EV drive train. I bet it will be a "world skateboard platform" as the OEMs are calling them these days.

This is very sad news.
We always enjoyed our Nissan Altima rentals.
Available AWD, no turbo, stellar fuel economy, front seat comfort that'll easily compare to the best Volvo can provide and enough room for two on a week-long getaway.

I´m telling you, the market is RIPE for a compact economical vehicle to blast in. in the days of 60k pickup trucks... somebody come in with a sub 20k well equipped vehicle that seats four. Something needs to reset this market.

Something like the new Ford Bronco, except Ford has done it all wrong. prices have climbed, production is limited to orders, and more high end exclusive packages. The market is ripe for get-it-out-there and affordable.

Think of a Ford Bronco 4dr under-around 20k, and 100k+ production annaully, designed NOT to use as many chips, twenty on every lot with various engine configs, upper trims with hybrid, full EV, but lower trims with NA motors. It has to be from a non standard brand, the big dogs will not do it to save their higher end models.

Last edited:
Back