Exhaust recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an exhaust fabricator professional I always recommend Borla (ProXS universal) for street use. As they sound great at WOT and mellow during cruise. I also highly recomend an X-pipe. I custom build merge style X-pipes for stronger signal. But the typical aftermarket 'apex' style Xpipes get you about 85% there. Other notible straight thru mufflers are the traditional Magnaflow (they do tend to have a 'crispy' sound due to the rockwool), DynoMax UltraFlo and another personal favorite, the Vibrant StreetPower.

But its totally up to you. For a chambered, radical sound Ive recently got into BlackWidow mufflers. My customers seem to really like them so far. The Hooker AeroChamber and the Magnaflow Turbo XL are also good chambered mufflers.

For a mild LS stick with 2.5 for the duals and enjoy the fitment and sound. 3" is just going to be louder everywhere and dual 3" doesnt start being useful until north of 500horse.

Hooker has kits for these cars now, just get a good crossmember. Gforce is really nice and overbuilt. The Jegs unit is trash and typically doesnt fit well and does not line up with most headers. I personally ran a Gforce then switched to a Iceman lightweight chromoly unit which I am reusing for my 1uzfe swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back