Excited for the Hummingbirds to return

We had a robin keep building a nest on the top of the rear driver side tire of the car . Placed aluminum foil on top of each tire and it ended .

Yes I am an old man that loves feeding birds! My faves are Baltimore Orioles and the hummers. I have my feeders out but haven't seen any yet. Any others out there?
My HB's have been here since March. My feeder is almost empty after just 1 month.
Ours are the Ruby Red from Chile.

Just out our feeders out this week in Missouri. A friend has maybe 20 feeders in a couple trees at his farm. They go thru about 300 pounds of sugar a year feeding all the hummingbirds!

As long as I can remember I've had Finches nesting in my dish. As I mentioned before you can see above the cables is the new robins nest and right below you can see where the Finch made a side door to get into their nest.

IMG_20210429_084037810.jpg

Just saw one today at our feeder, way up here in So. NH.

Changed the fermented liquor in the feeder dish from last week with some fresh stuff.**

**50cc raw cane sugar then fill up measuring cup to 250ml.

We've have them all year long here in Nor cal.

You can hold the feeder in your hand and they'll come eat - its awesome and they are beautiful tiny creatures.

They burn through 1 batch a day in the small feeder we have.

Pic from neighbor the other day. They have arrived in mid Michigan

Attachments

• IMG_91841.jpg
    IMG_91841.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 9
I'm not sure I have ever actually had to change the water out, assumed it was consumed or evaporated? Today bought a "cigar" plant to hang near the feeders, have only seen one so far but it has been colder than normal....

Back