Euro Oil

Have a 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe. It calls for 0w30 motor oil. I know Mobil carry's it, but so does Pennzoil. Pennzoil states it is for Euro cars. Could I still use it in my Santa Fe? Even though it is NOT a European car?

Sure! Just make sure it meets the manufacturers specs.
I have a friend that uses Euro 5W-40 Mobil1 in his Corvette. Loves it!

Have a 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe. It calls for 0w30 motor oil. I know Mobil carry's it, but so does Pennzoil. Pennzoil states it is for Euro cars. Could I still use it in my Santa Fe? Even though it is NOT a European car?
Amsoil sells 0w30 non-Euro and 0w30 Euro, both SP Certs. I believe HPL does also.
Not sure if other oil bottlers sell-2 different formulations in SP.

The Pennzoil Euro 0W-30 is only rated API SN. I would stick with an API SP oil if that's what Hyundai requires, just due to warranty concerns. The euro oils are also a lot thicker, which will impact fuel economy.

An API SP 5W-30 would work just fine outside of extreme cold weather, and will give you a lot more options. Or, just use the Mobil 1 0W-30, which is a good oil.

Here are a few of the existing threads on this topic of Hyundai and 0W-30 oil recommendations, some of them also discuss "Euro" oils within this context.

Yes. All of the euro oils today should meet the performance specifications of API SP.

Thanks buddy. Just want to play it safe. THANKS AGAIN!!

Your HyundaI will need an interpreter to understand its oil. :)

Back